no start after injector change - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no start after injector change

ok changed number 8 injector due to redistribution code and miss. after changing truck would not start after multiple long starts. took everything back apart and double checked all removed parts orings all looked good cleaned everything and lubed orings before reinstallation. after reinstalling tried again icp pressure will not get above 130psi so i know that it is a high pres oil sys problem. truck was running fine other than the miss before this. oil pressure on the dash is good while cranking, cts reading while cranking not sure what else to monitor while trying. battery voltage 11-12v, ficm 50v, icp pres 130 max been reading and saw that you can unplug the ipr to get a base hpo pressure, should i try this? if so where is it? i also did an oil change in between the injector change so i know the oil lever is good and oil is correct. also could old orings on the stand pipe and dummy plugs cause this. dont want to buy anything else without narrowing down my issue. any help will be greatly appreciated.

also i did get it to fire with a quick spray of starting fluid so i know glow plugs are hot and timing is good. fuel pressure i am sure is good i just installed the blue spring a few months ago and i was driving the truck 20 mins before i started the injector change.

also had absolutely no starting issues ever with this truck would always start withing the first rotation or two of the motor not even 2 seconds of cranking

Last edited by matt_nelson; 11-18-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You most likely have a hpo leak. You need 500psi icp to start. The stc fitting, dummy plug, and standpipe orings are common failure points 05-up my. You can apply voltage to the ipr, and put a fitting in place of the icp, apply shop air, and test for hpo leaks. Unplugging the icp just sets a default setting, if you unplug the icp, and it starts, your icp sensor is bad.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am gonna go a head and do the dummy plugs and standpipes only thing that I touched within the 3 hours it went from running to not running. The orings looked god but were flat from being In place so long so ill try that. Will update after I get them probably be this weekend.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_nelson View Post
I am gonna go a head and do the dummy plugs and standpipes only thing that I touched within the 3 hours it went from running to not running. The orings looked god but were flat from being In place so long so ill try that. Will update after I get them probably be this weekend.
Yes, those parts have been updated. Those parts can see up to 3000 psi. Let us know how it goes.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok update installed new dummy plugs and stand pipes old ones were good i am pretty sure. still no start. unplugged icp and tried to start ecu was seeing 1400 psi so i am sure that is good. pulled ipr valve to check screen and it is clean as a whistle. checked input voltage to ipr and it is 12v. put 12 volts to ipr and nothing. if i read correctly i should be able to here the vlave click open or feel it open when i put 12v to it. am i correct in assuming this? please let me know really need the truck this week. just to clarify i have the ipr out in my hands i put 12v to it and i do not feel any change. i am reading 6 ohms on the valve itself but it just doesnt seem to be actuating if it is supposed to be?.?. thanks guys for all the help and god bless the power stroke.org family
Old 11-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_nelson View Post
ok update installed new dummy plugs and stand pipes old ones were good i am pretty sure. still no start. unplugged icp and tried to start ecu was seeing 1400 psi so i am sure that is good. pulled ipr valve to check screen and it is clean as a whistle. checked input voltage to ipr and it is 12v. put 12 volts to ipr and nothing. if i read correctly i should be able to here the vlave click open or feel it open when i put 12v to it. am i correct in assuming this? please let me know really need the truck this week. just to clarify i have the ipr out in my hands i put 12v to it and i do not feel any change. i am reading 6 ohms on the valve itself but it just doesnt seem to be actuating if it is supposed to be?.?. thanks guys for all the help and god bless the power stroke.org family
Seems like it may be ipr as you suspect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.