6.0 Up pipe replacement,Pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Up pipe replacement,Pics

So, ,after developing a nasty exhaust leak a couple weeks ago,and was told by a ford tech that the d. side up pipe was cracked,$450 later, a new Y pipe with all new bolts ,v clamps and turbo hardware kit, are sitting in my garage., Also, call it good luck or maybe Karma,I develop a steady drip from the J tube on the dicad egr delete, Bonus I say ,gonna' kill 2 birds with one stone. Apparently,the clamp under the turbo pedestal is the culprit,and of course,everything has to come out to tighten the .50 cent clamp. About 10 minutes into removal,I get to the turbo/up pipe exhaust clamp,expecting it to be seized,when in fact,it is so,loose it spins in circles around the connection. So,with a flashlight,I inspect the soot under the firewall closer.Seems there is no cracked up pipe and I have found my leak.,Easy fix,but we still have that .50 cent dicad o ring to fix,off comes turbo and pedestal. After real close inspection,the exhaust leak is definitely from the turbo to up pipe connection,No sign of a leak between the manifold and flex joint. So,would really rather replace the Dicad J tube with a solid welded one,but alas, it is sunday and now I gotta go to Lowes and try to find a good o ring replacement.Need the truck for work tommorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:20 AM

Had a bunch of pics,but apparently photobucket is having trouble for 2 days and have none of my saved or new pics available,nice new system their runnin',So,I think I'm gonna' return that Y pipe and fix the leak with new V clamp at the turbo,and get that dang water leak fixed,It only leaks when I wiggle the j tube,I have a pressure tester and the system pumped up to 15psi.

Last edited by Pistolgrip426; 11-18-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM

All fixed,just got her buttoned up,think I messed up,lost a short bolt,for securing the top of turbo oil drain,must have used a short one when I bolted turbo pedestal back down,'cause I'm left with a bolt too long!lol,off to Lowes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.