6.0 Problems. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Problems.

Hello just bought a 2004 6.0 F250 4x4 with 100k miles and I no nothing about them I got a oasis report and only major thing was a egr valve replaced. Anything I should do or look forward to getting done carfax says he maintained the vehicle with oil changes and more every time needed. What should I start putting in a cart to put on the truck. Ive only owned a duramax and 7.3 so go easy on me lol.

My new truck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Your going to want to start with a good monitoring sulution (that is if you dont already have one?) like an Edge cts or cs so you can monitor your engine vitals like eot and ect deltas.
Then you may want to decide to dive into the bulletproofing endeavor. There are many outstanding write ups on this forum so start reading as much as you can.

Nice truck btw
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice truck. The scanguage is cheaper and better for diagnostics, you can monitor more pid's. I have a edge cts, btw.
Here....Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

Get a coolant filter on that truck too.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by southend View Post
Nice truck. The scanguage is cheaper and better for diagnostics, you can monitor more pid's. I have a edge cts, btw.
Here....Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Get a coolant filter on that truck too.

Ok and I want to bullet proof this one I want to actually keep it. Is there someone that has everything in a cart ready to go lol.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Cowgirl forever!!!

nice truck to
Old 11-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorkin View Post
Ok and I want to bullet proof this one I want to actually keep it. Is there someone that has everything in a cart ready to go lol.
Bullet proof diesel does have kits for the stock oil cooler deletes, too much for my measly salary, other than that it is best to shop around and collect what you need.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Bullet proof diesel does have kits for the stock oil cooler deletes, too much for my measly salary, other than that it is best to shop around and collect what you need.

Ok I bought the truck for 16k I would like to keep this truck for a while. What is the things I need to last me a long time I dont want this to be a money pit lol. From what that site says I need is like 4k$ worth of stuff so Ill end up spending over 20k on this jeez. I got a report from ford and they said it had a egr valve replaced in 07 and has had regular maintaince and oil etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Ok I bought the truck for 16k I would like to keep this truck for a while. What is the things I need to last me a long time I dont want this to be a money pit lol. From what that site says I need is like 4k$ worth of stuff so Ill end up spending over 20k on this jeez. I got a report from ford and they said it had a egr valve replaced in 07 and has had regular maintaince and oil etc.
Just keep reading, it takes a bit to absorb......Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Just keep reading, it takes a bit to absorb......Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Since your another 6.0 owner I want to know did I do the right thing and get this truck or am I getting into someone over my head. Im about 17k into including taxes I want to keep this for along time or sell it down the road and get something else like I usually do
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Since your another 6.0 owner I want to know did I do the right thing and get this truck or am I getting into someone over my head. Im about 17k into including taxes I want to keep this for along time or sell it down the road and get something else like I usually do
I own a 96 7.3 with 308k, I bought it with 114k. They needed little to no maintenance at all. I love the 6.0 I have, it needs the basics, oil cooler is clogged right now. I personally cannot "bullet proof" it, but I can perform the basic "mods" and maintenance to make it reliable and enjoyable. The bottom line is, if you cannot/will not buy a monitor, change an oil cooler if needed, install a coolant filter, run good oil and oem filters, delete/upgrade the egr cooler, change the coolant, and verify fuel pressure. Then this is not the truck for you. There is no need to install thousands of dollars worth of aftermarket parts on a truck you don't plan on taking to the grave, just to have a daily driver. But the basics I mentioned are necessary from the start. Hope this helps, don't get caught up in all the misinformation (not much on this site). It is just a bit of info to absorb at first, it will make sense. Here to help. :thumbup:

Edit: I gave you the link to the bulletproofing because you were talking about it, plenty of people stick to the basics and enjoy their trucks.

Last edited by southend; 11-08-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.