Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 6.0L, 55K miles - stalling / long crank - blown lower end on motor per ford

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wetco416 
#1 ·
Ok this has to be ridiculous... I bought my truck new in Aug '05 and have had one problem after the other with it... First I lost a starter/battery at the same time within the first year, then an injector or two, then I had issues with the truck taking longer and longer to start, then it started stalling at lights or if I jumped on it... The check engine light came on.... I thought it was a fuel issue so I replaced the fuel filters myself and then I took it to the dealership in phoenix, Ford of North Scottsdale (owned by AutoNation), when it finally quit and wouldn't start anymore, I turned it over so much I shorted out an ignition relay somewhere... Apparently I had run out of oil in less than 6K miles!! They could NOT tell me where the oil went and then proceeded to tell me I needed new fuel filters and an air filter - um brand new the day before fuel filters??? Also they told me my batteries were both flat and needed to be charged overnight before they could diagnose the truck - they were not flat when I personally towed the truck in.... so they took out the batteries to reset the engine code... told me it was low on oil and that was all that was wrong. They then typed on the invoice that I declined further diagnostics because I called them liars for telling me I needed new fuel filters.... The check engine came on as soon as I started to leave phoenix for the other side of texas... about halfway thru the trip I smelt something burning so I checked under the hood and there was oil everywhere... turns out they snapped the top off the oil dipstick and the truck was shooting oil out of the top of the dipstick hole... I refilled the oil with the engine off and used electrical tape to fix the dipstick. Almost couldn't start the truck when I got back in it.... left it running the rest of the way to texas, and did not turn it off till it was parked in the service bay at the ford dealership, San Augustine Motor Co. They put me "in line for the diesel tech" and 3 days later told me they put it on the computer and it has low compression in 4 out of 8 cylinders! Now I asked what causes that, and they told me the turbo has been "dusted" which means I didn't maintain my vehicle properly according to them. I replied with a memory of the ford dealer replacing my air cleaner and it not being fastened at the bottom and me noticing when I was going down a dirt road and the thing shook all the way loose and I noticed the truck get louder... at which point I started replacing the air filters myself.... Now I'm three states away from where I live and they told me to start gathering up my service records because ford would want them to approve/disapprove the replacement of my motor!! Now I have been asking them for weeks what is actually wrong with my truck, and they only answer, it needs a new motor! They claimed they were waiting on an engineer from ford to come out and inspect the motor. Now today I had a friend of mine call up from a chevy dealer back in Arizona and he finally got the dealer here to admit that they lied to me - told me that ford would have to make the determination if my truck would get fixed or not, and that there was a engineer coming out. Their service manager has decided for me that my truck shouldn't be fixed, he has for some reason decided that I didn't maintain the truck and that I should therefore be punished. He recommended to ford they not bother with my claim and deny it. Furthermore ford is not sending an engineer, that was just a stalling technique. My friend is also my business partner and we have been out of business for the last month waiting for the dealership to get me back on the road, I can't tell you how much money we have lost sitting here in a po-dunk texas town waiting for my truck that I paid for expecting a 100K warranty to be honored if there was a problem to be fixed!! At this point my friend has requested that a ford rep be sent out to - if necessary rip the motor down and determine fault. I imagine I am not getting this truck back anytime soon, in fact I imagine it's going to be a huge legal battle before it's all over and done with. If anyone has heard of anything similar as far as the failure of the lower end of the 06 6.0L motors please e-mail me! Also if you have any other suggestions on how to get these people to get on the ball and do the right thing.... please let me know!

Thanks!!

(A once proud and loyal ford customer)

See less See more
#3 ·
Big business. Big Business. BIG BUSINESS Big Brother

State laws could fix your problem in some states but its a lot of work or you could turn to another fine business institution other than the automotive industry in america and spread the wealth, your insurance company if it disappears or catches fire or a tree jumps in front of it? If you live in Texas or ever voted for W this could be Karma?

#4 · (Edited)
If you live in Texas or ever voted for W this could be Karma?
now that is a first,this poor guy is having major engine problems and it might be because he voted for george bush.get real

any updates?

#5 ·
have you received any good news?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.