Missing at WOT on tunes......out of ideas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Missing at WOT on tunes......out of ideas

Ok a little background:

I just finished doing an EGR delete with a new oil cooler, 4 in straight pipe added the edge insight and SCT tuner and put in the Blue spring kit. while turbo was out we sent it in to get cleaned, the exhaust wheel was bad so I replaced it with a new power max. All filters and fluids were changed while the truck was down.

Stock program, tranny and tow hauls the truck runs great! Now when I put Eric's street tune, SCT street or performance the truck is missing above 3000 rpm when WOT. Fuel pressure is reading 68 at idle and drops to 60 stock and 52 tuned at WOT. We used a scanner to check injectors and all look good. The HPOP was putting out 3600 pounds in stock and 4200 tuned ( scanner showed it was looking for 4600 so a little low).

Also sure this is not related but when I run tunes the AC seems to kick out unless we are decelerating or stopped it won't work on a flat road at 55 with cruise on?

Have any of you seen this before? I don't want to keep replacing parts trying to figure it out.

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Have you contacted Eric about it, may have something to do with a flash issue ??
I don't know squat about tuning but if it were me I would call for some tech support.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

All ready done. He as expected is trying to help me out and has redone the tune but it is still havering the problem. It is not just on his the pre oaded street and extreme tunes on the sct are doing it also.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 PM

Took a look at your ICP pressures, stock is 4045 max pressure I am aware that tunes do manipulate those pressures surprised to see it wants to see it up to 4600 psi wow!

What I would do is monitor yor ICP/IPR readings under differnt conditions and rpms ect and see if your falling off on pressure at the higher rpm,s especially. You may have a IPR issue causing your problem.
I would also take a look at your harness and plugs to the pcm as well as your basic electrical connections to the batteries and grounds, mainly because of you noting a/c is acting strange already.
Are you watching the ficm too, have heard of guys knocking away on main fuse panel to stop strange electrical issues from loose connections in fuse holders. Granted that is grasping at straws but you never know lol

Mainly check pwr and grnd and ICP/IPR
Good Luck will keep eye on your posts I am curious
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

When is starts to miss the ICP voltage is jumping from 3.0 to 4.8 volts. It looks like this is probably a good place to start. Now just need to find the time.....I will let you know when it is done.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Yep, good job thats a problem
Old 10-16-2012, 05:18 PM

I have an 04 and have the same problem. I have tunes from Eric and when i go WOT the icp reading jumps from 3-4.8v just like yours. I changed the icp sensor and it didnt change anything. Next is to change the IPR i suppose. Please let me know if you solve your issue and i will do the same. One thing i have noticed is that if you just unplug the ICP it will run smoothly even with a tune, i suppose it goes to a default ipr voltage.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM

Yea it goes into default and the pcm tries to regulate it from reading maf aap mad it can only estimate and it can run real bad at upper range if icp is estimated too low.

I am guessing the problems at the IPR, if you guys see no oil down in the ICP plug go for the IPR.
Post back how it worked out, good for others to know what fixed your issue when they are having simular problems. These forums are really great and I mean GREAT.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by power43 View Post
I have an 04 and have the same problem. I have tunes from Eric and when i go WOT the icp reading jumps from 3-4.8v just like yours. I changed the icp sensor and it didnt change anything. Next is to change the IPR i suppose. Please let me know if you solve your issue and i will do the same. One thing i have noticed is that if you just unplug the ICP it will run smoothly even with a tune, i suppose it goes to a default ipr voltage.
Are you seeing any problems stock? Mine is staying steady 4.6 v wot on stock.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you had any ford reflashes done that eric may not have been aware of?
Sometimes when ford changes parremeters the tune has to be rewritten to reflect the ford changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, missing, tunes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.