6.0 rebuild now no oil pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 rebuild now no oil pressure

2007 f-350 6.0L 76,000+

Did a rebuild because lost compression in multiple cylinders. Engine is back in truck and hasn't started. The truck cranks strong just no start. No codes

There is no oil pressure at the rails. I have a mechanical gauge where icp sensor goes. The rails have new dummy plugs and new stand pipes. Oil cooler and seals have been replaced. I've tried multiple hpops. 2 from ford and 3 that I had sitting around but not sure the condition of (probably bad though, just running out of ideas).

I applied 150psi thru top of hpop while commanding ipr with a jumper. Didn't really hear any leaks with valve covers off.

I've checked oil level, oil flow into oil filter, oil in hpop reservoir, oil flow back to hpop from reservoir, visually inspected low pressure oil pump (gerotor). I'm running out of ideas so I'm hoping to get some outside perspective. I have many hours in this project and would like to see it start so any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You didn't by any chance mix match your oil filters and covers. Damage the oil filter tower or mebe loose the drain valve out of the filter houseing? Any of these can cause you not to get sufficent pressure and oil flow from the low pressure oil pump to the hpop.

What ICP pressure are you showing? It has to be a min of 500 psi to start.
What are your ficm voltages, do you get sync?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes I would like to know if you are seeing FICM/CPS/CKS Sync. Also ICP actual vs ICP desired and IPR %.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So, your dash guage shows oil pressure? Guy just posted on here, that his "buddy" put the dummy plug where the standpipe was supposed to go, surely you didn't do that.........hehehe.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

FICM voltage is 48 FICML 12.5 and I do get sync. No codes for CKP or CMP sensors using Solus Ultra. I'll double check the filter tower and drain valve but oil fills the filter housing and drains once the valve is released. Tried new oil filter, same results.

Right now I'm reading ICP with a mechanical gauge threaded into where the sensor goes and the needle doesn't move. I've tested the gauge on another truck to make sure it works. IPR% was 31 during cranking today so I'm going to try a known good IPR.

Dash gauge does show pressure but mechanical gauge in test port on oil cooler housing shows 0psi but I do get oil through the turbo feed line (not always immediately though). Dummy plugs are where they should be.

Right now I'm running tests with HPOP cover off, turbo out with feed tube draining straight to crankcase. Pressure gauge in ICP port, pressure gauge in front of oil cooler housing and gauge for compression in cyl 1.

Please keep the ideas coming

Last edited by miker6453; 10-12-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Banned

Sounds like your ipr is going bad. When you crank the truck over your ipr should command to around 85% then drop down to around 14% once the 500 psi is reached. I would definitely start there.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Borrowed IPR from Excursion that's in the middle of a head stud job. IPR should be fine because Excursion ran fine before teardown but I got the same results, 31% IPR duty cycle. I guess next I'll be shooting the wires between IPR and PCM. I'll also try applying 12v straight to the new IPR and see if there is any change.

Since the IPR is only closing to 31%, would that be enough of a leak on the HPO side to give me a 0psi reading at the test port on the oil cooler?

I also pulled the oil pressure regulator below the gerotor to inspect it and I didn't see anything suspicious. Could I possibly have an issue with one of the bypasses on the LPO side (pump, cooler, or filter)?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Is your icp connected to the pigtail still?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

pig tail is unplugged and sensor is out. Solus shows me the default psi for ICP actual and desired
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

When cranking the truck over are you getting any smoke out of the exhaust at all? Any smell of unburnt diesel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, no oil pressure, no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.