Hesitation and oil in intake 90 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hesitation and oil in intake 90

So before we go on a drive together, let me pave the road first.

I just bought my second F250 6.0, maybe I didn't learn the first time! Anyway this truck had 123K on the clock when I got it. It had no issues and ran great. On Tuesday this week I had an issue on the way to work. The truck started hestitating and sort of bucking at crusing speed. When I would come to a stop, the truck didn't really want to take off at part throttle. When I would mash the go pedal down, the truck would run fine and boost up like normal. It started to feel like it was running out of fuel. I went ahead and changed both fuel filters and really didn't see any water in the primary filter (under the truck).

Wednesday I drove the truck to work, and the same thing happened. I went ahead and decided that I would park it Wednesday night. While at work, on my own time of course, I ordered a Dashboss, and a blue spring kit. I thought that maybe there is some sort of fuel pressure issue, but didn't have a reading, so I bought both. When I got home that evening I was getting rid of some trash in the back of the truck and found that the secondary diesel tank in the bed had had the valve line up and filled the primary tank. Since I bought the truck used, and didn't know what was in the secondary tank. All I know is that there was a few gallons of something in there and I had not gotten around to cleaning it out. I figured this could be part of the issue. I then bought some PS and drove the truck around for a little while to try and help purge out some of the bad diesel. When I finally parked it Wednesday, it seemed the bucking stoped, and maybe I found my issue, bad diesel.

Fast forward to yesterday and I went to put in the blue spring. (Note that the truck has been parked since Wednesday, as my Dashboss hasn't arrived yet.) The first thing I did was disconnect the plastic discharge pipe to the metal intake 90 so I would have more clearance to remove the spring assembly. When I opened it up I found oil residue in the piping, see picture. Not good!

I am thinking I need to rebuild my turbo, but was wondering what everyone else thinks. I have had some turbo cars in the past, and never had oil in the discharge side of the system. Just to make sure, is this the same way the powerstrokes run? Anyone have oil in their discharge piping? Your thoughts?

Thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Hesitation and oil in intake 90-intake-oil-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The ccv system is plumed into the intake causing blow by and oil to be rerouted into intake for emissions purposes. I recently changed my intake elbow and had some oil in the charge pipes. I would look into a ccv reroute clean all boost tubes and check up on it in the future. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oil in there is normal, if it is blowing blue smoke, thats when it is not. You will know more with the monitor.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So after posting this up I found the CCV mod post. I guess I should have searched a little harder!!!! The owner before me probably never opened the system up. So my plan of attach is to clean the piping and install a CCV mod next weekend. First and foremost is that Dashboss so I can see whats going on with the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.