P2291 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2291

truck is a 05 HD F250 6.0l with 170K+ with EGR

truck had 2 injectors on the same bank go bad back in Feb so i did all of them in that bank (1,3,5,&7) while i was in their . truck ran great and towed fine since then until last night when it cut off on me while towing and would not restart

had a buddy tow my trailer home then pull my truck luckily was only a couple miles from home.

codes where

P0266 cyl 2 contribution
P0341 cam position
P2291 ICP low - Eng Crank

cleared codes this morning and the only one that returned was P2291 ICP low

i data logged while cranking

ICP V was .24v
IPR duty was 84.7%
ICP demand was 8.4 MPA
ICP filtered was 0 MPA
RPM 210

oil pressure gauge on dash never moved, stayed on L

also removed the oil filter and watched the bowl fill within a few seconds. even without pressing/holding the drain back valve shut so i believe Low side oil is ok

from what i have read even with a stuck/inop IPR you should still get .5v ICP (200psi)

just looking for opinions weather you think it may just need a updated STC Fitting with the bracket/brace or need a HPOP and IPR ???

next chance i get i will prolly just rip the Turbo and Hpop cover off and see what the STC looks like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It takes 500 psi of oil pressure for the pcm to command the ficm to fire the injectors.

A trick to test whether it is a bad icp or actual HP oil leak is unplug the ICP, the pcm will substitute a default value of 750 psi for the truck to start on.

If the truck starts and stays running it is a bad ICP if it quits then you have an actual HP oil leak and air testing is required to find where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.