Quick HPOP ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick HPOP ?

Did I do something wrtong when I put the STC fitting in on the hpop.What I did was took out the old one used the line up peice threaded the stc in then tightened it,the reason I ask is this has to be my problem I used all the o-rings and put them were they belong.the plastic bolts etc with the kit are kinda sloppy and was wondering maybe I didn"t thread the stc fitting rightand am losing pressure?Any thoughts on this,just did the #8 injector I broke the plug on it so changed it out but figured I would double check the stc fitting and maybe replace the pump will in there again.Did the ipr on it no change still no inj. pressure.Appreciate any help on this hpop deal as its the first one I have ever done,I have about 4 6.0 laying around as well as 5 running ones,just dont want to pull this dam motor out.Thanks.PS up in this country you stock pile parts as its a week to get anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You really need toget it scanned on live data and see what all is going on at startup. Do a data log so you can look at it later. Check for ICP,Ipr values actual and desired. Fuel pressure FICM voltages and sync. You need to see what the PCM is seeing to know why it won't let it start/run.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Premium Member

Have a a/e did all that and basically it inj. pressure.from my previous thread o6 engine swap,just curious if you can screw up putting in the new stc and hpop by not being lined up correctly,decided to change it out anyhow and try again
Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 PM

That stc can be tricky at times
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Well hate to admit it but in hour will find out what else is wrong man do I feel DUH,Took out the hpop and guess what I found?When you say they can be tricky your right! The #8 wrench went flying agross the yard before I even got the cover off completlyand there were a few choose words dont even think I have said a few in a couple years thats how dam stupid I felt.When I put the STC fitting in and the plastic peice I DIDNT CHECK WHICH WAY THE OIL HOLE WAS FACING CAN YOU BELIVE IT!!!DUMB DUMB even emberasased to say it here but its all good now just gotta button up the turbo.THANKS FOR ALL THE TIPS WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT LOL
Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Stuff happens sometimes to the best of us
Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Premium Member

Well it runs now just gotta line that dam turbo pipe up again its a pita but she runs thats what counts,gotta check a few other thing the dealership disconnected when they lifted the cab off all my extra wiring for pumps winch at back ,lights etc but on the bright side it my have taken awhile but I saved myself $23,000.00 the amount the dealership quoted me to replace the motor.They still got 3g for telling me the cam was gone on the one in there and for pulling it out.But me happy camper right now .Wouldn t have got it without this site Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.