engine swap 06 no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
engine swap 06 no start

Ok been reading and reading been pulling codes and whats left of my hair.I did a engine swap on a 06 dually the one Ive been talking about for months,was getting codes for the cam sensor sure enough cracked changed.Now I get icp P2285 unplug it get 900psi plug it in nothing swapped out 2 x still the same next step the pigtail I guess?Bassiclly it cranks and cranks and no start.Ficm at 48 does not drop,battery voltage stays at 9-12,RPM right around 150 - 160 fuel pump at 99.98 all this on autoenginuity.does show a code for #8 injector and #5 glow plug but that should not cause a no start correct?Did the update on the stc fitting as there was a old syle on it,egr delete,the screen on the injector regalator for the oilpump was all good.The truck does have a factory command for it put have lost the remote for it would unplugging all of it from the moduale hurt?Just lost why it wont start as the a/e shows everything were it should beI will keep looking for ideas but any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Premium Member

Ficm sync

the a/e says while cranking ficm sync goes to 1 bit I assume that means its communicating with the pcm?Just has to be the remote start?The icp unpluged and I get 980psi? anybody?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What code for #8?, you may be starting to get combustion gases in your fuel system. Pull the ficm relay, open your fuel filter cap, look for bubbles?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

getting code cause I broke the plastic on the valve cover for it,have good fuel and no bubles but getting a p2285 for the icp put 2 diffrent ones one same thing,took one from a truck that was running and still code.new batteries ,getting cam and crank sync ,ficm sync,all on a/e.problem seems to be if plug the icp on valve cover in get no injector pressure,unplug it it goes to almost 1000.Checked the pigtail at the plug get continuity about 1.5 inch back on wire so assume pigtail is good not at the plug,would it be the icr behind turbo after doing the stc fitting all looked good.This motor ran as i heard it before thew guy pulled it it was out of a 07 King R,the reset for the remote is also broke so not sure on that but most of them if you just push it its good and truck will turn over?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

Well the icp/pigtail is probably bad, when you unplug it, it goes to default. Try to crank it, with the icp unplugged. If it starts, the icp is bad.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Premium Member

with it plugged in get no inj pressure with it unplugged get injector pressure and no start either way
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

You have motorcraft oil filter and cap? sounds like you may not be getting lpo up to the filter. pull your oil cap take the filter out, press the drain and crank it over to see if you are getting oil up top.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Premium Member

Yes all motorcraft and the oil does flow in.Just came back from dealship and the figure that the ipr might have got a speck on it as the icp would stay open unpluged and drain oil out of system,so out comes the dam turbo,will post the result.Thanks for all the ideas also they say the only reason they would change the pigtail was if it was swollen or covered in oil which I have nethir of.With it unplugged they say that it would read pressure as it needs something to report??So will change the valve out and new screen again the plunger could be stuck just hope the pump is ok. Again Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

hope that works, thats where I was going with you. Some guys have gotten the ipr out without pulling the turbo, just need the correct socket or crows foot.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

took the ipr out put another in same same ,must be the plugs or hpop,guess try the pressure test and listen for air even rechecked the filter housing will fill and drain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.