6.0 No crank, No Injector Buzz, No OBD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 No crank, No Injector Buzz, No OBD

Yesterday I replaced the number 2 injector on My truck (bad O ring) put the truck back together and now nothing. I turn the key forward and no injector buzz (rattle), starter does not attempt to crank and my scan gauge can no longer read from the OBDII port. I have checked all fuses, relays wires etc that I can think of. FICM gets Logic power, main PWR, MPR, and ground but does not run the injector test. The relays for the FICM all work and click. The starter relay clicks but will not turn starter. I can manually jump the starter and it cranks. The OBDII port has power as the scan gauge comes on but can not communicate. I have unplugged and plugged back in the PCM as well as the ficm and have looked at the wires for hours to find no loose ones or frayed ones. Seems odd that everything would go at once and I am sure it is something simpel But I cna not seem to find anything that points me to a common problem.
HELP Please!!! I am missing work as a result and low on beer with no way to get to the store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There is a starter relay and fuse in the underdash fuse box. Did you get all the wires hooked back up to passenger battery. Did you remove any wires fom the fender mount solenoid passenger side. All grounds hooked back up?

Just reread post if you can jump the starter and works all wireing is good except the circuit from the key switch/ignition module check there.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the reply Danny. Whaere is the circuit from the key switch/ignition module? All batteries wires etc that I can find are all good.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Simplest test is check the small wire on the starter solenoid while a helper turns the key, you should get 12v if you do the circuit/fuse/relays from switch are good. If not it is a witch hunt requireing a good schematic and a tone generator is really usefull at this point. That is a long circuit goes thru several plug-ins and if I remember right changes color code twice inside the harness.

Good luck its a bugger to trace out.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Would that stop the OBDII port from communicating and the FICM not to do the injector buss test when the key is turned on?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So Turns out it was the PCM. Found a guy on Craigslist of all places that let me swap PCMs to see. Plugged mine in his truck and nothing just like mine. 140 miles later got a used PCM. Put it in and she is runnig like a champ. Based on readings codes etc before I am thinking the PCM has been having issues for awhile. Now I know

No Injector Buzz, No ODBII readings, No Crank and no Fuel pump= PCM
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM

Glad you got it sorted out. That would also explain the no obdII and inability to run buzz test. PCM failing to communicate. PCM runs the buzz test as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Premium Member

Glad to hear you got it fixed! Great info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.