Need some help, crank no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some help, crank no start

Ok so I got the truck in the shop and they figured out what the problem was. It was only getting 250psi of oil pressure they fixed something and now its 1000psi+ . They told me this on monday its friday and still dont have the truck back. They are telling me that my oil filter housing isnt filling up with oil, but it has good pressure? Any Ideas? I bought a new oil pressure regulator for the LPOP. Hope that fixes it.

I need my truck back. Its been down since April :\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM

Geezze man you still workin on that thing.

Maybe have them check the filter stand pipe for cracks missing/damaged o-ring where it bolts down to the filter houseing. Have em check the drain valve and the filter bypass valve as well.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM

I know right. feel as if I am living a nightmare with this thing.. lol

So the shop still cant figure out why the oil filter housing isnt refilling .. apparently they "tried a bunch of stuff" however no sucess. I Would think after a week n half they would have something more to go on. Doesnt matter, getting it towed back here tomorrow morning. I will figure it out.

I think the knowledge isnt there with em. 2 weeks working on the same issue? I dunno sounds sketch. Ill find out tomorrow. I already bought a bunch of o-rings and a 2 oil rail standpipes and the filter stand pipe...... Hope to god its easy
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 PM

I wonder if they are fighting a mix matched filter and cap issue.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Its oem filter and cap. New o-ring with the filters too. I dunnp man, ill get knee deep in it tmrw and report back

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Old 08-07-2012, 07:35 PM

I got the truck back this morning. Changed the fuel filters out, did the Key off Key On thing a few times to get the air out. Still no start.

When the key is turned the oil pressure gauge is sitting in the middle on the dash. The shop said it had around 1200psi of oil pressure so, Im gonna check the FCIM voltage and stuff..

Also,trying to located a good diagnostic scan tool that will let me see the oil pressure, injector duty and all that good stuff.. Anyone know of a decent one?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 PM

If you allready have a laptop the Autoengineunity is an exellent tool for about $400.00 with the ford enhanced package.

While looking at ficm voltages with a scanner check for sync as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Dang... I will have to wait on that. I do have a laptop so ill get it later when I can afford it. Nothing like paying a shop for not fixing something lol.

Im gonna check fuses, and wire chafing, and unplug the IPR even though its brand new. If its bad will it still start? (unplugged) should I try using ether to start it up?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM

A big no on the ether. Unplugging the ICP will put the PCM in a default stat mode if the rest of the HP oil system is good it should start and run. You may want to think about haveing it scanned somewhere on live data see what is going on. Most shops charge around a $100.00, so it doesn't take many trips to have it scanned somewhere to match the cost of the A&E. If you plan on doing your own work it is an invaluable investment.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM

I might, its just I had to spend the rest of my savings account on getting the truck into the shop and having them dicker around with it for 2 weeks to find out nothing only costing more money. leaving me with not much to spend on anything else. I really would love to get it, the problem is lack of funds ha. This truck has already drained me of 13k so far.

So here is where I am now. The Fuel pressure regulator was leaking diesel everywhere, went to ford and got the updated kit w/ blue spring. Changed that out and its not leaking anymore. Decided to pull the oil filter off and check everythign again, bone dry in there.

So there is oil pressure in the high pressure system, now im fighting low oil pressure? What would cause the oil filter housing not to fill up with oil or even get a little wet? The filter has no oil at all on it and its brand new. Any ideas? I think thats my problem. FICM voltage is good, fuses are good, ICP is good. Im out of ideas. Especially since its a new engine, new front cover, new oil gerotor gears, regulators etc. Everything is brand new minus the HPOP which was working beautifully before the lifter failed in the previous engine.

Looks like I will just have to bite the bullet and have it towed to the Ford Dealer :[

Last edited by XK1R; 08-08-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.