03 died and no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 died and no start

Ok to start with its a 2003 F250 with the 6.0, has 118k on it. It has been a good truck till the last few months.
It started when it was still kinda chilly in the mornings, I went out to start and warm up the truck and it started and shut back off, tried it again and same thing, third time stayed running and all was good the rest of the day. Plugged it in that night and same thing next day. I park on an uphill and after looking around on the net some one said to try parking downhill and I did. Started up just fine after that, just needed to warm up to run strong.
About two months ago I changed the oil ( 15w-40 with ford filters) and noticed oil leaking down the bell housing, up till then haven't noticed any oil leaks. About a week later a good size puddle under the truck. Turns out to be the ICP and I replace it, but not pigtail, tried to be cheap and squirt it out with electrical cleaner. Changed the Oil again to 5w-40 Rotella
Up til 2 weeks ago truck would start no problems downhill and a warm up, until one day I was in a hurry and started it up and didnt let it warm up and started down the road, got less the a mile and it just shut off.
The only code was the p2285 low ICP. Since then I have checked all fuses, replaced IPR ( nothing in screen but indented), did the ICP pigtail. Scanguage II says ICP around 200 but bounces up to 350 and drops to like 180. FICM is 48V key on and 47.7V cranking.
There is oil that is leaving the turbo into the CAC tubes and starting to soak them.
I have checked that there is oil entering the oil filter housing and the oil does register oil on the dash but it takes a few seconds of cranking.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TimeEater; 08-01-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Premium Member

I went through this same thing not to long ago. Same codes and all. Turned out it was my FICM. Volts read good on it but the boards inside were fried! First try checking the conectors on the back of the FICM. You could have wiggled something loose when you were changing the ICP pig tail.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How did you find out FICM was bad? Did you just replace it or resolder it? I have rechecked the harness and it all seems good. As far as the CAC tubes being soaked it on the outside and there is quit a bit of oil under the turbo that wasn't there when I did the egr cooler hose last year. Is that a sign of something? Also unplugged the ICP and on SGII showing 1500 psi.

Last edited by TimeEater; 08-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It was HPOP that was bad, replaced and is running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.