new to the forum. have a 2005 f250 superduty with the following:

-egr update
-ficm update
-stc fitting replaced
-new egr
-66k miles
-oil changed every 3-4k
-sct tsx performance tune

was running fine down the highway today at about 50mph barely on the throttle. went to pass and pushed down on the accelerator pedal about 1/4 throttle and it felt like the engine popped/hicupped and then no boost. pulled over and checked CAC boots but everything appeared okay. limped vehicle home and noticed different colors of smoke (dark and light; sorry, i'm a little colorblind) when i pushed on the accelerator; more smoke with more throttle. check engine light has not come on. pulled out the egr but it looked very good. i'm thinking a turbo issue but with the low miles not sure. also, hoping the suddenness of the problem may be a sign of something. any help would be appreciated. also checked map sensor hose but it looked okay.

jeff

See less See more
#2 ·
exhaust flex joint cracked, cac boots(they are hard to inspect in the truck), cracked cac. Imo

Sent from my SCH-I500

#4 ·
turbo impeller shaft snapped in the exhaust side. just for grins the broken piece augered itself into the downpipe. disappointing....... much thanks for the advice.

jeff
That will do it, hope you get it going.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.