dirty IPC filter and High pressure pump advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dirty IPC filter and High pressure pump advice

Is this enough dirt to create a no start condition on a ipc valve . I just fininshed studs, head gaskets and egr delete . Now it will not get any high pressure oil. After checking low pressure side and searching this problem here looks like this filter gets dirty if not carefull during the work I did.
Also what else should I do while pump is out ? The pump was working before the work was done so it should still be good . The truck is a 2005 so I think this is a updated pump.
Attached Thumbnails
dirty IPC filter and High pressure pump advice-filter-1.jpg   dirty IPC filter and High pressure pump advice-filter2.jpg   dirty IPC filter and High pressure pump advice-housing.jpg   dirty IPC filter and High pressure pump advice-pump.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

That filter is trashed, needs to be replaced. If there is a hole in it the IPR valve needs to be replaced.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Are there any holes in that ipr screen? It looked like there was to me and 99% of the time when something makes it through that screen and into the HPOP it trashes the pump and causes a hpo leak. Your probably going to be replacing that pump and ipr valve on the job along with the dummy plugs and stand pipes and stc fitting. I just did this same job to my truck this last spring and had to replace it all. I'll look and see if I can find out where I bought my new pump and ipr valve at but I got a deal on a combo from them I think t was like $600 for both the pump and ipr valve where most places charge 700 or more for the pump alone. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you with who I got mine from.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

Found it here you go comes with new HPOP IPR and STC fitting all for $675 plus a $200 core that you get back when you send your old pump in. This is where I got mine and it works great. And for the price you can't beat it.
HPOP-122X Ford Power Stroke High Pressure Oil Pump - Injector Warehouse
Old 07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes there is a small tear in the screen. So looks like new pump and valve it is . Thanks for the pump info more money sucks after studs and delete .But I want it done right .
Truck never started after studs and gaskets do you think I still need to do stand pipes and plugs again . Any way to check with out going into the valve covers ?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Banned

Did you replace them with the new updated ones from ford when you did studs and gaskets? If you already did them then you are good to go as far as that goes. With the pump situation even if its not bad right now if your screen was tore then its best to replace it now so you don't have to replace it later after you get it all put back together. As far as testing it you have to get the compressed air fitting that threads into the ICP sensor threads and then you pump about 10-15 psi of compressed air into the HPO system and listen for leaks, you can only do this after you put the HPOP and STC fitting and IPR valve back in and reassemble the engine. So unless you didn't replace them when you did studs and gaskets I would replace them now while you got it ripped this far apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.