a couple of problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a couple of problems

ive got a 07 6.0 and it started off that the truck didnt have any get up and go untill after warmed up and it was running like crap like a bad injector so i took it to work and blew out the ebp sensor and did a coolant by pass filter kit and my pvc breather that comes from the driver valve cover to the air intake was unhooked forever and i decided to hook it up too, that day it started smoking with white smoke and black when ever i punch on it and would hesitate when i punch but once it took off it was good... well the smoking got worse where i couldnt see anything behind me and it started knocking... so i took it to a mechanic and he hooked his scanner and it said the #6 was terrible and 2 and 4 injector were a little bad. so i replaced #6 and its still making a knocking noise and blowing tons of black smoke and it starts off white at start up for a little... and the starter is having a problem not sure if its bad or the motor is locking up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
do you have a monitor? Are you losing coolant? Is your oil level high? Stop running it like that, it may be hydrolocking.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM

I have a cheap MAC scan tool that can read some sensors but not an actual scanner just for the truck and I havnt checked too see how high the oil level is but its defintley not low... I lost a little bit of coolant after I did the coolant filter kit but not as much as you would think with all the smoking its doing.. and I have stopped driving it now
Old 07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumv8 View Post
I have a cheap MAC scan tool that can read some sensors but not an actual scanner just for the truck and I havnt checked too see how high the oil level is but its defintley not low... I lost a little bit of coolant after I did the coolant filter kit but not as much as you would think with all the smoking its doing.. and I have stopped driving it now
well, i was thinking it may be overfueling, that could cause your oil level to rise if it is bad enough. Having two other injectors that are kind of bad, is not good. It would be good if you could pull the codes for us. Do you have an egr cooler? If so you should pull the egr valve to see if it is clogged or wet. If that looks ok you should probably start pulling glow plugs to see if any of the cylinders have fuel in them.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 AM

I have an adapter coming so I can test the fuel pressure at the filter housing, I deleted my egr cooler already and took the valve out.. and the only codes on there are egr codes and I had one code for #1 glow plug and that was it ... I'll start checking the glow plugs tonite if I get off at a decent time.. and will check to see if I can smell fuel in the oil and see how high the level is
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Premium Member

Well looking back over this I should have suggested first that you load test your batteries and google the ficm check procedure. It may be your left side bank it's taking a crap. Check the plugs first to make sure they are not chafed or loose. You may want to start with #1 glow plug also, excessive fuel may have damaged it?

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 PM

I'm going to load test the batteries hopefully tmw and test the ficm it raining on and off here, i did manage to get a video and here it is6.0 runs like crap - YouTube
Old 07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

So have you checked your coolant level? Does that smell like fuel or coolant? It is one of the two or both. Do you still have an egr cooler? That is absurd. I wouldnt run it again. You need to pull glow plugs to find out what and which cylinder(s) that is coming from. Blown egr cooler, head gaskets, or cracked/warped heads.

Edit: you can pull your egr valve to see if it is wet.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Last edited by southend; 07-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:00 PM

my coolant mark is at the min line and has been since this problem has started i just went and checked it the coolant doesnt have a fuel smell to it, the oil smelt a little like fuel but im not a 100% sure and it was a good ways past the fuel mark, the egr is deleted.. what do you think now?
egr valve is completley out

Last edited by magnumv8; 07-18-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumv8 View Post
my coolant mark is at the min line and has been since this problem has started i just went and checked it the coolant doesnt have a fuel smell to it, the oil smelt a little like fuel but im not a 100% sure and it was a good ways past the fuel mark, the egr is deleted.. what do you think now?
Overfueling. Pull the glow plugs and that will tell you which injectors took a crap. I'm not sure if this could be ficm, I would not crank or run it until those glowplugs are removed, you could cause major damage.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.