2004 F-350 no start/ no throttle response - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 F-350 no start/ no throttle response

Replaced ICP sensor on a 2004 6.0 because it had been acting up. The truck started and ran great for an hour, I took it home, shut off and re-started several times OK. I went in to finish packing for a camping trip, went out to hook up the camper and the truck would not start. I started w/ether and was getting little to No throttle response. After about 5 minutes it cleared up and was running normal again so I hooked the camper up and headed out for a 3 hour tour. The compressor hose blew off about 9 miles from camp so I continued with a power shortage. Got to the campground and let the truck idle for about 15 minutes when it quit. Had to re-start w/ether now I have pretty much no throttle response and I'm stuck in a remote campground in Mid-Ohio...can you point me in the right direction that will get me back home???

Last edited by tonkawilly; 07-27-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: additional info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK-I have checked everything that I have found that should be checked and got the following:
ICP voltages-brown/white wire=5.16v-key on; 5.02v run ^ gray/red wire=.17v key on; .035v run ^ blue/green wire=1.46v key on; 1.3v run
Throttle pos sensor LB/BK wire=(CT)3.9v; (WOT).5v; YE wire=(CT)1.52v; (WOT)4.1v; YE/WH wire=(CT).93v; (WOT)3.5v
FICM voltage=key on 48v; cranking 48v
Fuel pressure at secondary filter=45 PSI
The truck is a NO-START. If started on ether will run sluggish until it warms up, then it runs fine-can't shut it off or it won't re-start.
This all happened after replacing a bad ICP sensor-it started right up after the sensor was first replaced and hasn't been right since.
I'm guessing my next step is the dealer??????
Old 07-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear that man. Are you still stranded? I had similar problems and replaced my ICP but problem continued. Even though my FICM readings were good it turned out to be the cause. Maybe one of the pros will chime in. Here is a free bump to put you back on top! Keep us posted and let us know what it turns out to be.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info. I called ficmrepair.com and they suggested that I buy a ScangaugeII and check it or have the dealer scan for IPR duty cycle codes. I'll probably get it to the dealer mid next week because I am travelling for work.
We got home OK that week after I re-started on ether and after it warmed up it ran great. So I didn't stop and pedal down the whole way home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.