Truck doesnt run right after egr delete! Help please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck doesnt run right after egr delete! Help please!

Im new to powerstroke.org and im looking for some help. I just did an egr delete on my 2005 6.0 and diesel exhaust comes out the engine, the turbo only gets to 10 pounds of boost (when i floor it) and the truck shakes and the engine doesnt really sound good. It lopes when i put my foot on the brake. Im in need of some professional help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What kind of delete did you do?
And exhaust should come out the engine. That's a confusing statement.
btw
Old 07-15-2012, 07:41 PM

your Y pipe is probably not lined up with turbo properly. You probably have an exhaust leak. I would loosen your exhaust manifold bolts and undo your V band clamp going to the turbo. Realign the y pipe to the turbo. tighten up the V band clamp and then tighten up your exhaust manifold bolts.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:41 PM

I dont know the brand, but the actual exhaust smoke is coming out from under the hood.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM

And would having an exhaust leak make the engine shake?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
information regurgitator

I'm thinking he put the y-pipe back on the turbo and slapped the clamp on it and thought it would be good.
The y-pipe will not properly seat that way, and you will get a heck of an exhaust leak, the turbo wont spool like it should and it will run like a dog.

A quote from the sticky on egr/oil cooler replacement:

Quote:
When you go to put the turbo back in, have the clamp on the flange of the turbo, butting up against the body of the turbo. Then get the y-pipe set into the turbo perfectly. You might want to run your finger around the connection to make sure it is right. Then while holding the connection together, get the clamp on the connection and tighten it just enough to hold the connection together, but don't tighten it to spec just yet. This is where you have to make sure that the up-pipes on both sides of the truck are lined up with the exhaust manifolds and tighten those connections down finger tight. Then go back up and tighten the clamp on the turbo to spec, then go back and tighten the exhaust manifold connections. This is the best way to get it done right the first time. It really sucks if you have to take this all apart because of a leak. Keep in mind that the clamp on the turbo to y-pipe connection is only there to hold it in place once the connection is properly set and perfect.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

I had this happen to me when I replaced my ICP. Like Powerstroke said, its more than likely an exhaust leak at your Y pipe. Thats where mine was and that could also cause the running rough. I would start there because its FREE! Good luck!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Creek View Post
I had this happen to me when I replaced my ICP. Like Powerstroke said, its more than likely an exhaust leak at your Y pipe. Thats where mine was and that could also cause the running rough. I would start there because its FREE! Good luck!
Ill try in the morning. But I could have sworn I had it together, I ratchet strapped it until there was no gap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-15-2012, 08:01 PM
information regurgitator

If you have visible exhaust coming out from under the hood, it is coming from the y-pipe to turbo connection or the up-pipe to exhaust manifold connections.
Check those as well.
When you replaced that up-pipe on the passenger side, you didn't forget that metal gasket...did you?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:12 PM

It isn't clear what its coming out of, and I don't think I got a gasket for the up pipe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, egr delete, not running right, problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.