03 F250 is missing, low power, & blue smoke HELP NEEDED - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 F250 is missing, low power, & blue smoke HELP NEEDED

Having problems with my 03 Ford F250 super duty 6.0. It is missing and low power. Took to Ford Dealer and they said it was the fuel module and egr valve - had those replaced ($1600). Died the next day, they towed it back to shop. They said it was the high pressure oil pump so they replaced that and the egr cooler while it was apart. ($3800). Got it back and it is still missing and low power with occasional blue smoke out exhaust. Recently changed oil and fuel filters and the fuel pump. No engine light, no codes (from a home use finder). When he took it back to the dealer they wanted to charge us again to run another diagnostic. We said no, they should have done it to begin with and we don't want to give them any more money - lost trust completely in them. We are out of town on a job so not our typical shop. When you first start it, you have to press the accelerater or it will die on you. It misses and has low power. If you sit in park and accel. to get temps up the missing stops, will have more power when driving, and the blue smoke quits. Any ideas on this will greatly be appreciated. I am leaving it parked and driving the wife's jeep to work every day until I get it fixed. This has been going on for 3-4 months and seems to be worse. Was driving it still every day until this past week.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just swap the motor . Brother .

06 f350 Crew cab XL bead

KMC XD series wheels sz. 20"
Nitto Terra tires
Bead liner On bed and arround the truck bottom too.
Full interior l.e.d.'s
Pioneer indash
Quantum speakers arround
Tool box

I need another mods . ( leveling kit , intake , exaust, tip, programmer , etc, etc. )
please let me know . What u have for sale .
pm me or text me .
At 956-533-7598 .
Albert .
Thanks .
post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No start issue? Look here.

As you can see from this^^^ post, there are a million reasons why it is essential to own a good monitor. Not sure what a home use scanner is, but probably not going to tell you what you need to know. We can help if you can get us something to start with.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Unfortunately had to Sell my ......2004 KR CC SWB FX4 - Edge insight cts, blue spring upgrade, updated HFCM drain plug, XDP coolant filter, CAT EC-1 rated coolant, Custom Diesel EGR delete, CAT delete, Rotella T6

SEE MY OIL COOLER REPLACEMENT AND EGR DELETE - http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...tml?highlight=
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode