injector replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injector replacement

I have an 07 f350 that's smoking bad and they said the #6 injectors is bad so I'm gonna replace it Tuesday and had a couple questions about it #1 what do you use to clean where the injectors seats at and #2 someone told me you had to pull a plug from the back of the head to let the oil drain out that goes into the cylinder when you pull the injector or you can crank it over and push it out I don't know if any one else does this or knows what there talking about... And If there is any thing else I should make sure of. I know to torque the injectors and the rail back down and make sure the washer comes out with the injectors but anything else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I haven't done a single injector replacement but when i did my head gaskets i just used brake cleaner and sprayed the cups out. When re installing make sure to lube up the entire housing of the injector. As far as a plug on the head i have no idea, just unbolt the oil rail and ease it up as not to nick the top o rings on the other injectors.

Maybe someone else knows about this plug, im sure they'll chime in.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just finished installing my new injectors and I did not have to open a drain on the head. I have the early 04 model year, so some stuff changed. Not sure if that was one of them.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 AM

A cone shaped plastic brush to clean the bores and the oil draining thing is only for 7.3 diesel.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 AM

I got the 6.0
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM

goose 5 thank you that is very good to know because my buddy has a 7.3 and he has one that needs to be replaced, thank you guys for your replies and help
Old 07-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Belt Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumv8 View Post
I have an 07 f350 that's smoking bad and they said the #6 injectors is bad so I'm gonna replace it Tuesday and had a couple questions about it #1 what do you use to clean where the injectors seats at and #2 someone told me you had to pull a plug from the back of the head to let the oil drain out that goes into the cylinder when you pull the injector or you can crank it over and push it out I don't know if any one else does this or knows what there talking about... And If there is any thing else I should make sure of. I know to torque the injectors and the rail back down and make sure the washer comes out with the injectors but anything else
Just a piece of advice. My number 3 & 5 went bad in Feb and I tried to be cheap and open her up and replace those two. Ran great for 5 days and started acting up again. I had to take it back to ford to diagnose it again to find out #7 died as well. I by no means am a expert but the service manager is a friend and told me its better to do a bank at a time the first time and I didnt listen. I had to swallow my pride when I had to go back the second time. When I opened it up the second time I said the hell with it and replaced the last 6. Been running like a dream for the last 4000 miles.

I cleaned my pockets with a 12Ga nylon brush.

I have a subscription to alldatadiy.com which made it so easy a caveman could do it.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 PM

I got the same problem . On my 06 f350 ..2wd ccxl

Injector number 6 .

Also the abs . Light on the cluster it's on ..
Plus my rpm . Don't work .
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 AM

i agree but i really dont want to replace that many now because i plan to do a regulated fuel return kit and once i do that i plan on upgrading the injectors then, the reason i was told to replace them is because when one goes bad it starves the other
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.