truck stalled, cranks but no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
truck stalled, cranks but no start

the last few days ive noticed my truck kind of bogging once in a while. almost like it was running out of fuel but it never died.also had a real choppy idle when i first started it until it got up to operating temp. it was fine when i left work today so i thought i maybe just got some bad fuel or something. i was driving today and the thing just stalled out of no where. it cranks over but the injectors wont buzz when you turn the key on. i cycled the key a bunch of times and cranked it over. then the injectors started buzzing again and it started so i drove the truck for a couple miles and it stalled again and no buzzing. called a buddy and towed it back to his house and the truck fires right up in his driveway.

im leaning toward the ficm or possibly the relay? ill scan it after work tomorrow and see if i can get anything. (cel was already on for a glow plug so idk if it set another code or not) any help with this would be greatly appreciated

thanks, Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

did you find out what the problem was ??
Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ended up takin it to the dealer for a diag and they came up with a lose connector on the FICM. picked it up friday and noticed it was kinda surging/ rough idling when i first started it and cleared itslef up as i drove it. figured maybe they reflashed it and had to relearn? didnt think anything of it and it was fine til sat night and it started cutting out like it was running out of fuel. did that until sunday morning and started shaking while idling, no power, and bucking in tc lockup. been waiting all day to get out of work to scan it and came up with po273 (#5 injector control circuit low) im thinking maybe a wire on the plug they fixed may have came out or is lose. im gonna call the dealer tomorrow morning and send it back. i still havent fixed the glow plug CEL so idk when exactly the injector code came up.

i put it in nuetral today and hammered on it to see if it would smoke at all and no smoke so thats good i guess. hopefully just some wiring issues.

ill post back tomorrow when i see what dealer has to say
Old 07-16-2012, 04:11 PM

My got hauled to the mechanics shop today,he said checking injectors and IPR will know by tomorrow.yea IDKY my was trowning glow plugs in the 1,3,5,7 ???? puzzzled by it.

Last edited by Louiediesel; 07-16-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

what was your truck doing?

you prob have a problem with the wiring, 1,3,5,7 is one bank and 2,4,6,8 is the other bank.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:40 PM

my started last thursday it was running good and in the highway just die,like i had taking the key off, put a new icp sensor $155 bucks and still kept doing it until saturday morning just totally die....crank like it wants to start but no dice....I think it could be the IPR and/or stc ,will know more tomorrow
Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dealer can't get my truck in til Friday, bs.
Did you check and see if your ficm is putting out the proper voltage?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:14 AM

no I didn't away from home when this happen, but I really thinking is that IPR that went bad, and sunday I did notice that the heat shield for the IPR was loose ?? making wonder if that had anything to do with it ?

Last edited by Louiediesel; 07-17-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the dealer can t get my truck in til friday and i was driving home yesterday and out of no where im pretty sure i lost a whole bank of injectors. truck takes a solid 35 seconds to get to 50 and wont go any faster than that.

anyone selling a clean OBS crew cab with low mileage?!?!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM

did you check ur wiring harness ?? I don't think that all 4 go out a once like that.....but who knows is the 6.0 anything can happen

Last edited by Louiediesel; 07-18-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.