'05 f350 6.0 died while towing. need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05 f350 6.0 died while towing. need help

I have a 2005 F-350 6.0. It has an EGR delete done to it, 4" exhaust, fuel sping upgrade and programmed by SCT, Edge Insight Monitor I recently had an oil cooler put in it a week ago because my oil temps were ridiculous, I always switched it over to CAT ELC coolant to eliminate the particulates in the coolant. Today I pulled a 10,000 pound skid loader and trailer about 50 miles from home, My ECT was running between 192* and 200*, My EOT was running anywhere from 200* to 207 which is way better then it was doing loaded, it drove there fine but was blowing coolant out the Degas cap. What causes that? Then on the way home I made it about ten miles out and it just straight up died. The DTC's I have are P0284- Cylinder #8 contribution/balance, P2285 ICP sensor circuit low, and P2291 ICP too low engine cranking, and P012F..it does not even try to pop off at all. What could my problem be?? I wasnt beating on it at the time it happened just cruising 55 with a skid loader. Can someone help me diagnose it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

did you find out what your problem was ? I'm having the same problem,cranks but wont start ,the dashboard gauge is showing oil pressure,and I hear the fuzzing of the fuel injectors when I crank it , I tend to believe is either the harness or the stc fittingbut not having any coolant leaking out the degas cap or anything like that.

Last edited by Louiediesel; 07-15-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had my mechanic hook it up to his scanner and he said that I have no oil pressure on my high pressure oil side, he seems to think that it blew the lines off my HPOP, I hope thats all it is, I really hope its not the HPOP because that thing is like $750
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think my could be something like that or the STC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.