P0264 Fuel Injector Error Code: New FICM or just Injector Flush? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0264 Fuel Injector Error Code: New FICM or just Injector Flush?

Hi everyone, this is one of my first posts here; just bought a 2003 F250 (pics at Facebook). Thx for all the expertise on the forum.

I'm getting a check engine light, and hooked up an OBD which reads: "P0264 Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit Low". Here's a picture of the error code: DROdio - Screen Shot 2012-07-11 at 12.43.09 PM.png

The engine is running fine; totally smooth, although my city MPGs are around 11-12; not yet sure if that's "low" or normal (big tires). The check engine light goes off every once in a while, but it's on most of the time. Truck starts OK although sometimes I have to crank it longer than others (never longer than ~ 1.5 sec).

So I'm trying to figure out what all the steps are to troubleshoot from easiest/cheapest to most expensive. So far I've come up with this list -- does anyone have any advice/re-ordering suggestions?

1) As per OBDII Code P0264 - Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit Low | Engine-Codes.com , it could be "Clogged or partially clogged fuel injector can cause this code. Start by performing an injector flush before replacing the injector." Can anyone point me to how to do an injector flush?

2) Test the voltage output on the FICM as per this video:

3) Replace injector #2 only

4) Replace the FICM (not sure if this should be #3 instead of #4?)

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks again,

DROdio
Daniel R. Odio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Here's what Circuit Board Medics said when I asked them about this:

"I would check the continuity of the wiring harness for that injector back to the FICM first by checking ohms with a multimeter. After that, it boils down to checking the injector itself and the FICM. The FICM will be cheaper to test. I look forward to serving you."
Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You mentioned easiest/cheapest so Hot Shot's Secret is worth using, especially since you just purchased the truck & don't know previous maintenance habits. I've also heard great things about http://ficmrepair.com/. Seem very knowledgeable and eager to answer techical questions...
Old 07-29-2012, 09:21 PM

I bought Hot Shot's Secret (both oil and diesel) and tried it, but no benefit yet (still seeing the check engine light). I'll test the FICM next. Stay tuned...
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Premium Member

Hot Shot secret does take up to 1500 miles to fully clean your injectors. I run it and was told by Lubrication Specialties Inc. that I should do a few long trips 200-300 miles to get everything good and hot and flowing. After I did that I started noticing the difference.

My 04 was doing the same thing. Turned out it was the FICM. Problem was mine tested good but only the volts were good, the board was shot. Check your connectors on the back of the FICM, then if thats not it test it.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a very bad experience with circuit board medics, I was out the original rebuild money they wanted another 150 to repair their rebuild then it was my fault for not sending it back to them a third time for repair. still did not have a working ficm. I had to get one through ficm repair.com.(they know how customer service works) Circuit board medics refused to refund any money without the ficm I had to turn in for a core, (I had also sent them a core i had laying around) so 1100 dollars and a month later I had a functioning ficm. Do your research carefully before choosing a ficm rebuild company.

Last edited by chadjetlag; 08-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 PM

I've had HotShot in for about 1k miles so far; I'm still getting an intermittent check engine light and specifically cod P0264 keeps popping up.

My mechanic thinks it's the FICM. So I sent it in to Ed at FICMrepair.com today. We'll see how things go -- he has a lot of very positive reviews from others. I paid the extra $$$ for a 2 year warranty and "bulletproofing" of the unit, as I plan to be traveling internationally.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ed at ficm repair is great. You wont regret doing business with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.