Work Truck Down, Need answers ASAP!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Work Truck Down, Need answers ASAP!!!

'06 F250 with 175,000 miles, had rough running at start, ran fine after warmed to temp. scanned it and had 2 injectors with low contribution code. Checked voltage of FICM at ACC and at idle and had 48volts at both. after a month had a third injector hive low contribution code. Decided to change all injectors while i was in there, considering the milage. just fired it, ran a little rough with codes on all injectors. I figured that was normal until oil and fuel got back in there. ran for 5 min cleared codes and went for a test drive around the block and it runs better than before. Came back, scanned and only had injector 1 still giving me a low contribution code. but more importantly it was boiling over! the water pump was replaced by Ford about 10,000miles ago. changed the thermostat and ran it while it was off to see flow at idle, seemed ok. here is one other thing. when Ford refilled the coolant system I supplied them with distilled water because I wanted to do a flush and refill with better coolant than what they offer. Their "Diesel tech" decided that hose water was a better way to go. To my surprise I ended up with rusty water... I recently did a flush with Zerex and it cleaned it out but A LOT of chunks of rust came out. I tried to back flush my radiator and found that it is very restricted at low hose pressure. I tried to seal it off and blast out anything in there until it ran clear but doesn't seem to flow like i think it should. New radiator? I cant think of anything else that could cause such a quick boil over. Please help, I cant work without my truck. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do you currently have a monitor to check batteries, and ficm? Do you have the blue spring update, have you checked the fuel pressure, do you have motorcraft filters. Something is causing your injector failure, that is why it is important to have a monitor. It would not matter if you would have run distilled water in it, it would still have clogged with rust. Yes your radiator is probably screwed. Can you check your deltas, i'm guessing your oil cooler is clogging at this point also.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Radiator for sure. Rust=bad day
Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 PM

Batteries are good, ficm checks out as far as voltage out put. I don't know what blue spring is. I shoul add that I have the bulletproof diesel EGR and External oil cooler. Oil temps are good staying below 200. Always run motor craft filters
Old 07-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You need to check fuel pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 AM

Hvae you scanned it for codes? Mine had the same thing happening and I had a PO611 code for the FICM and it was some sort of performance error code. Truck would run rough when cold but fine when warmed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.