6.0 Mechanic in Corpus Christi - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Mechanic in Corpus Christi

Can anyone recommend a good 6.0 mech in Corpus Christi? I dropped mine off at Coastal Diesel Injections, but they MUST be good because they said they are backed up and it would be a week before they could get to mine (but that I had to leave the truck there to "hold my spot in line".) I'm hoping to find someone reputable that can diagnose it much sooner.

My predicament is that I'm military and getting ready to drive from South Texas to the east coast before moving my family to Bahrain. I don't think I can afford to be without my truck for over a week just waiting for a diagnosis, but I want to get it right before the long trip. I'm steering away from the dealership because I'm strongly considering having an EGR delete kit installed done while they have it apart.

Stock (except for Zoodad) 2006 6.0 SYMPTOMS: General loss of power. Acceleration isn't horrible, but it isn't what I remember from when I bought the truck. I recently put larger tires (265 -> 285) on it and thought that might be the culprit, but that would be pretty depressing if the truck couldn't handle tires that size. I can barely pass anyone on the highway (e.g. accelerate from 65 to 75 mph). The final straw came when coming home from a road trip...when going up some relatively mild hills, the truck would actually start decelerating and shuddering despite having my foot all the way in it. I've never noticed any significant amount of smoke (black, white, or otherwise).

From reading all the good info on these forums, it sounds like EGR cooler, oil cooler, FICM maybe? If I knew it was FICM, I'd happily pull that myself and send it off to be repaired/upgraded, but I didn't have a chance to test it before I dropped it off...maybe they would let me do that in their lot without "losing my spot" in line. If it is EGR/oil cooler/HG related, then I'm going to need a good mech, as I don't have time to tinker with it while doing all the other things that go along with selling a home and moving overseas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.