ficm?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ficm??

i just recently did head gaskets studs oil cooler egr delete blue spring and stc fitting fix on my 05. truck ran fine for about 3 weeks . took a trip to kentucky about 8 hrs. away . the next weekend i started the truck up and it coughed and choked alot , blew a little black smoke and sounded like it was missing on a few injectors all this while ideling. about a min. worth of almost dieing it would clear up and run fine. drove around town for a while and parked . same the next day. it has kind of been starting hard but was hopeing it would fix its self. this morning i go out to start the truck up and it would crank and fire but die right away. when i got done with all the fixes i noticed that it was almost in a limp mode or sort only runs 21 psi boost and doesent have the turbo sound that it did. i still do have the egr valve pluged in but it is just bolted on the intake elbow. it had one code when i first started it after all that work and it was for a ficm performance. any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sounds like FICM Failure. What I've heard is that when the FICM starts to fail, it will sound like the truck is misfiring, you will get injector contribution codes, and a few other random codes. Check for code P0611. You can also search the forum for the FICM test procedure. You can test voltage on the FICM to see if it is operating properly. Swamps Diesel also has a procedure for testing the FICM.

Best of luck!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i ran a test on the truck and comes back with a ficm performance code. since then i have sent it out to ed at ficmrepair.com
Old 07-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Premium Member

Thats what mine did before the FICM died. I also sent mine off to FICMrepair.com Great service and fast shipping. Did you get a tune?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea hes putting the atlas 40 tune on there form me. how do you like the eco tune?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Premium Member

The ECO Tune is doing great. The WAR WAGON is running good. I have started off small with FICM Tune, Blue Spring Update and now 4" Straight pipes. EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, Relocated Oil Cooler, Studds and tuner to monitor all that cash under the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.