Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ICP Sensor

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mhatlen 
#1 ·
My truck randomly would not start one day after work so after some research I unplugged what I believe to be the ICP sensor on the right side valve cover. Tried to fire it up and nothing happened. Once I plugged it back in, she fired right up. Before I purchase a new one, is there anything else I should take into consideration as far as the truck not starting. Once I plugged the ICP sensor back in and drove it home it sat for about two weeks. I went to start it up the other day and now when it starts, it starts off with a big single lope or bellow if you will, then returns to normal idle. The check engine light is now on but I'm sure I just triggered that by unplugging the ICP.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

#6 ·
I agree OEM is well worth the extra money because the part is very important and must be dependable. Look online for a OEM ICP also make sure the pigtail is free of any oil or corrosion. The ICP is a variable resistance pressure sensor that regulates the HEUI systems injector pressures and they are constantly in flux depending on speed load rpm etc. One pin with corrosion will cause a issue with resistive values being sent to the pcm, if pigtail has any flaws replace it too.
Go OEM IMHO................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.