2004 f250 6.0 no start HELP!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 2004 f250 6.0 no start HELP!!

i have an 04 f250 and lastnight i was driving to town and it was running like a brand new truck. i cut it off and it sat for like 10 min and when i came back outside it stated but died when i put it in gear, cranked it back up, instantly went back dead, now it will only spin over, not even try to hit or puff any smoke.
FICM data KOEO / CRANKING
bat (v) 13.3 / 11.7
FICMLPWR (v) 13.3 / 12
FICMVPWR(v) 13.5 / 11.5
FICM SYNC NO / YES

Emission/fuel data cranking
FP(%) 100
FPM ON
ICP (v) .25
ICP_DSD (psi) 906.8
INJ_PRESS_REG (%) 0
INJ_TRIM (*) 85
RPM 170

Continuous DTC

P0603 KAM error
P0683 GPCM
P1000 OBD2 sys check not complete
P1379 % H (ficm) supply voltage circuit
P2285 ICP sensor circuit low
P2287 ICP sensor circuit intermittent
P2614 CMP sensor signal out open/short
P2617 CKP sensor signal out circuit open
P2623 inj control press regulator circuit open

Current KOEO DTC test
P0683 gpcm to pcm communication circuit
p1000 obd2 sys check not complete

I had a Diablosport predator on it and i tried returning it to stock but it didnt help. The CEL was NOT on when the truck quit, and it was running perfectly. I have fuel to the fuel filter on top of the engine, and i have what i assume to be good fuel pressure. The truck has a problem with the egr valve clogging up and setting a bunch of codes. but i just cleaned it out 2 weeks ago. it has given me an intermittent icp sensor pressure low. The truck has had a head gasket job before i got it, the egr cooler, oil cooler, ect. are all factory. its not even studded. please help. thanks!! also, is the icp on the passenger side valve cover at the front of the engine?

Last edited by black7.3powerstroke; 07-05-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice diagnostics report. If there is a sensor in the front of the passenger valve cover it is an 04 engine. Have you tried unplugging the sensor and restarting? Unplugging the sensor the pcm uses a default set of values, basicaly it lies to itself that it has 500psi oil pressure and it is ok to start. If the rest of the hpoil system is working properly the truck should start and continue running. If it does not start then you have a Hpoil issue and further testing is required.

In your situation I see indications of both ICP issues and IPR. If the ipr is not allowing enough pressure then the ICP would report low and would be working correctly. That said the ICP is such a common failure point that both IPR and ICP could be bad.

Try the unplug trick and see what goes then go from there.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I tried unpluging the ipr and the icp and it still will not do anything but spin over. It wont even try to start. the injecors pass the buzz test. and i cannot see 8 injectors going at once. and the hpop would have given drivability issues if it is the hpop correct? it acted exactly like it ran out of fuel. but my upper fuel filter is full, both are new motorcraft (600 miles), and when i crack one of the lines i get fuel spraying out so i have fuel pressure. I can cut my pump on and off with my scan tool.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM

something to try. remove the oil filter and and hold down the drain. have someone turn the key and watch to see if the filter housing fills with oil. if it does your lpo side should be good. if not I would remove the lpor and check for something holding the reg open. it could also be the oil switch. when you look at IPR % what does it go to during cranking?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

what is the "ipo side" and "Ipor" also where is the oil switch. this is my first 6.blow experiance, and i am starting to regret getting rif of my 7.3
Old 07-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black7.3powerstroke View Post
what is the "ipo side" and "Ipor" also where is the oil switch. this is my first 6.blow experiance, and i am starting to regret getting rif of my 7.3
LPO side = Low Pressure Oil side
LPOR = Low Pressure Oil Regulator

The low pressure oil switch is directly behind the oil filter with only 1 wire going to it
Old 07-05-2012, 01:42 PM

If you see the IPR going to 85% during engine cranking I would suspect the IPR to be stuck (bad) or a issue on the low pressure oil side. the low pressure oil side feeds the High pressure oil pump. you could always have a oring failure on the outlet side of the high pressure pump. This is just a o ring not a stc type fitting like on the newer models
Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well here is an update. I put a new ipr on it and it didnt change anything. the new one went to 85% duty cycle also. when i am spinning it over it wont build oil pressure according to the gauge. and i was looking at ICP_DSD psi (desired) not the actual icp psi. i have 0 icp psi. the past few weeks it has been taking it like 6-7 seconds to build pressure. it takes long enough for my dummy light to come on and stay on for a second or two.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i pilled the oil pressure relif valve out and it was stuck open. but i still am not building oil pressure when cranking and will not start. still at 0.0 icp psi.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

its fixed. it was the lpor stuck. but i still think i have a hpo leak. still taking a few seconds to build oil pressure and i dont really like it. i have a new oil filter drain valve, and a new ipr filter kit to try. got them for free so why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.