No start hot start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 06:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start hot start

Ok guys I think my IPR is hanging up and just want to make sure with some of you guy that are a little more experienced. First off, its a 2006 f250. I just had the FICM repaired by Ed at ficmrepaire.com. So after driving the truck for most of the day yesterday starting and stopping the engine, I go to start it and all it does is spin over. No start no try to start nothing. I tried unpluging the ICP sensor to see if it was that. Nope. I let it sit for about an hour and try to start it again. First try nothing but before the second try I didnt turn the key completly off and then she start. I get it home and put the AE on it.

with engine off
IPR volts .23
IPR % 14.54
ICP PSI 3-5psi
FICM volts 48.5
Main power 12.5
FICM synced

I watched everything as i tried starting and it started no problem
at idle
IPR volts .84
IPR % 22.6
ICP 581psi
FICM 48.5 v

Now today I tried to start it when it was cold and it wouldnt start. I watched the IPR % go from 14.54 to 84.33 while cranking. Everything else was the same except only getting about 350 psi on ICP. Im thinking the IPR is hanging open and not alowing it to build oil pressure to fire the injectors?

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the long post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ive got a truck in here doing the same thing. only builds 300 psi on icp but it only does it hot. i think the branch tubes have a crack in them. to me sounds like ipr is fine. thats what mine was doing also but when hot. it would start out at 22 and then jump to 84 while cranking to try and build pressure i guess
Old 06-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When the IPR goes to 88% it is trying to close to build pressure because the ICP is not seeing a high enough pressure like it wants to see. I would suspect a leak in the high pressure oil system, dummy plugs, stand off tubes etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.