low boost after egr delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
low boost after egr delete

I just bought a 2006 F-350 SRW with the 6.0l and 102000 mi, had it less then a week and the egr cooler went out. I'm the second owner of the truck its never had a chip on it nor any problems till now, before the egr cooler went out the truck ran fine lots of power. I replaced the egr cooler, oil cooler, and installed a coolant filter, once I got it back togather and drove it up the road it, I was not getting much boost it would just move the gauge a little, and the turbo was making a loud noise when I would give it gas sounded like rushing air low power. It did not do this before. Any ideas? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It sounds like you have an exhaust leak. Check the connection at the up-pipe where it mates to the y-pipe and check the y-pipe where it mates up to the turbo. Both of these are common to have exhaust leaks. BTW, you can't just torque the clamp to get them to seal. You have to get them seated first and then you can install and torque down the clamp.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
It sounds like you have an exhaust leak. Check the connection at the up-pipe where it mates to the y-pipe and check the y-pipe where it mates up to the turbo. Both of these are common to have exhaust leaks. BTW, you can't just torque the clamp to get them to seal. You have to get them seated first and then you can install and torque down the clamp.
Ditto!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The exhaust was seated good before I put the clamps on I don’t think that’s the issue. I read some where that when you have the battery disconnected for more then 4 hours it can mess with the VGT until you drive while, give it time to relearn. is this true and could it be my problem? When I drove it a few minutes ago it was getting a little more boost (15psi) when I hit the gas hard but was not as before.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Premium Member

The late models were not as sensitive as the early models on VGT relearn.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

have you found the problem? im having similar problems with mine after my egr delete
Old 07-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have to agree with an exhaust leak some where, but check your MAP sensor hose and make sure it's plugged in.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

FIXED ?

The rushing air noise indeed up being the fan running all the time. Some how I cut a wire going to the EOT sensor, fixed that and the noise stopped. The boost is now 23/24psi max and from what I read that痴 normal, seemed like the more I drove it the better it got. After I fixed the fan noise I noticed a wining noise that you can hear with the turbo whistle. The truck also gets a little worst MPG痴 down about 1mpg now at 13.5 city and 16.5 highway.

Now I知 having hard starts so I知 going to replace the fitting on the HPOP, and stand pipes/dummy plugs. If anything else goes wrong I cut my losses and sell it. I traded a 2002 f-250 4x4 5.4l RC LB in on this one. I thought I was upgrading but if I知 just going to have problems with it then it will be gone and I値l go back to gas engines. I知 not hard on my trucks, only tow 10000lb max, and will never have a chip on it; do I still need to be worried about the head gaskets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.