Chugging at 45-55mph? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chugging at 45-55mph?

Been having a rough start on and off and chugging at 45-54mph anyone know what could be causing this? I'm don't know very much by any means and this is my first diesel, but I believe this is a glow plug issue? Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your problem has nothing to do with glowplugs, check ficm, fuel pressure, filters, pull codes.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It would be helpful if you take the advice of others and post replies, that way we can help you figure this problem out. That is how the forums work. Generating multiple posts and not taking the advice, and not responding wil not fix your problem. I know the answers you get will not always be what you wasnt to hear.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

GPs help with starting.
Fuel pressure and turbo vanes might be dirty and sticking might be the first two to check.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

Certainly check your ficm, mine was bad, not firing injector 4 equally & it led to a blown engine shortly after I repaired my ficm. A ficm test is easy & a code reader is a good investment
Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM
Premium Member

Talking

New to the forum but been monitoring for years. Thanks to all that have posted helping out with the problems.

I had the same problem with my truck. Lower RPM in a high gear. If I eased into the fuel it would sound like a bucking noise and I would have no power. Had a buddy at a diesel shop that ran all the test. The only thing that he could see was that the EGR Valve was not up to par. I removed it and it was clogged. Some people clean it but I purchased another and replaced it myself. Very easy. Truck runs like a champ. Hope this helps.

K.Ford
Old 07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

im new to the forum and to diesels for that matter i was just looking for some help and seeing if anyone was having the same issue! the truck has also been losing power on low fuel like 1/8 of a tank. i just replaced my egr valve and still having the same issue. i dont have thousands to dump into diagnostic time so i was seeing if i could get an idea of what the issue might be to save some $ thank you to those who were helpful and not having a pissy attitude with me starting a new thread
Old 07-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjw0120 View Post
im new to the forum and to diesels for that matter i was just looking for some help and seeing if anyone was having the same issue! the truck has also been losing power on low fuel like 1/8 of a tank. i just replaced my egr valve and still having the same issue. i dont have thousands to dump into diagnostic time so i was seeing if i could get an idea of what the issue might be to save some $ thank you to those who were helpful and not having a pissy attitude with me starting a new thread
The whole pissy attitude thing is not going to get you any help around here. South end is pretty knowledgeable about our trucks, listen to him. If you start a thread and people give you advice and you don't take it, then you can expect people to have a pissy attitude. You ask for advice, get it and use it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ive pulled codes and only geeting 2 glow plug codes. getting new ones this week. fuel pressure is fine. the only other obvious thing to check would be the ficm im thinking right?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Premium Member

Dayum! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.