6.0 lost power, made it home, cleaned egr, won't start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 lost power, made it home, cleaned egr, won't start

Hey guys i'm new to this but i've been searching all over...i have an 03 f250 6.0 i was on my way to the dump when my truck started loosing hesitating. it got worse on the 15 mile drive home to the point where it wouldn't hardly move with WOT. i made it home, removed the EGR cleaned it up and put it back in..now it just cranks. i checked the FICM 48v with the key on. don't have anyone here with me now to check while cranking. no CEL came on. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ficm voltage is checked at cranking not at koeo. but, ficm is more of a cold start issue. and you have no cel on, but does not mean there are no codes stored in your pcm. if your truck won't start i'd suspect and an icp problem more than a ficm problem. given that you have an 03 it is famous for 3 sources of icp problems. 1. ipr valve, check the screen of the valve for restriction of debris on screen. 2. icp sensor, first check for oil leaks on the back of the engine, this could be coming out of your icp sensor contaminating the connection and affecting values. 3. hpp, the 2003 model year is famous for pump failure.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so i replaced the fuel pump, put a new drain plug in the hfcm and after priming and cranking a few times it fired right up...ran rough for a few minutes then smoothed out. Thanks for the help!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i also forgot to post that i removed the secondary fuel filter cap and found no fuel was being pumped in while the key was on, this is why i decided to go with the fuel pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.