Wont start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wont start

I got a 04 F350 with the lovely 6.0 that i can not get to start. about a month ago i saw some wires that rubbed through and wired them back together and it started beautifully and ran great. Than all of a sudden one day it was running like junk. you could push down the pedal and there would be a hesitation and take a while to get going but once it did it would throw you back in your seat. it normally doesnt blow black smoke but when it hesitated it did. i had a guy come look at it and he hooked up his laptop to it he said everything looks perfect with everything that is showing it should start right up. i took my dads ficm and put it in mine and it still didnt start. that guy who came and looked at it brought a new one programmed it to my truck and it still didnt start. could the wires i fixed have a bad connections or something? all that is done to it is a afe intake fass fuel system(less than a year old) and a bullydog PowerPup. head gaskets have been done also. Looking for any ideas. Might try taking fass system off and putting old one back on? I just bought this truck from my dad in December and it ran great than. Love the truck but ready to throw in a cummins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you had 1 chafed spot there may be others (a common 6.0 problem), or one of your splices may have come loose.
You can try wiggleing the harness while a helper tries to start the truck, if it starts you have a wireing issue or loose ficm plug.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i tried pushing the connectors in on the ficm and it still just cranked over but i will look around for other wires that rubbed through.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM

could be unrelated issues. icp okay?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

for the icp i tried unplugging it and starting it and it did not make any difference.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM

if the icp system has a leak in it, then unplugging the sensor will not make the icp system fixed. unplugging the icp tests the icp sensor, not the entire system. what i'd recommend is finding out what you icp pressure is while cranking. under 500 psi and you have a leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.