Help? Can't get AE to communicated with 2006 6.0L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Craig

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help? Can't get AE to communicated with 2006 6.0L

I'm so tired of working on my truck. I know I'm not the first to cross this ground, but I'm definitely worn down as of today. See previous post New member: Typical "cold start-crank/no start-fixed, now rough run IF start" Been out of town for two weeks. Got the Auto Enginuity with Ford Enhanced Act loaded on PC last night. Hooked up to cold truck and "played with the various things" (KOEO, KOER, deactivated each injector individually, looked at all four IPC values running, voltage etc). When I pulled codes, only found transfer case related codes. Nothing on the engine (originally chasing the infamous crank, no start, start cold, die after warm blahX3). Then I lost connection and haven't been able to regain communication no matter how I configure "communications configuration". I even removed the software from my laptop and reloaded it. Still doesn't want to communicate. HOWEVER, not totally accurate -I did get it to read the Airbag and Tranny drop down options a couple of times this morning, but it's intermittent (reads then won't read Airbag and tranny). Just won't go back to the Enhanced stuff that I need to be looking at. Gave up there, replaced napa oil filter cap with "FOMOCO" filter and cap, upgraded the fuel housing with "blue spring" kit. Started up to see if by chance any of that would keep the thing running after 1.5 hours and it died within 1 minute. Now I am back to crank no start!!!! Unplugged icp (which was 550ish last night cool and idling). No help. I quit cause it's hot in Houston, Texas and I'm tired. Hoping someone will have a clue on any of the above. Tried callling the help line for AE, but I get voicemail and left message. Guessing they are not around on weekends (when I am available). Help?

Last edited by DeepnTheHeartOfTexas; 06-16-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: left out stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check the fuse for the cigar lighter (shared circuit) Check the dlc connector for loose broken wire, check ground for dlc. If you have acces to the owners manual towards the rear of the book there is a fuse map therre are 2 other fuses that can affect data communication but I do not remember which ones off hand. Sorry
Old 06-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Craig

OK. Will run check now. Haven't looked at the back of the DLC yet, but might be wondering which wire is the DLC ground (unless it's obvious). Going to check fuses now thought. Also, I'm using an external extension cord to power laptop if that matters (seems that was just for noise maybe). Be right back.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Craig

Fuses good. Two wires (black one and black w/ white stripe) go to ground. Regardless, I grabbed the harness behind the DLC and shoved towards scantool when plugging in to make sure I didn't have a pin that was pushing back in. Guess it worked cause I was able to communicate at that point. So, current issue: see above and then now> put old napa filter and cap back on to rule that out. Still won't start. Only other thing I changed was the blue spring. Kind of hard to put the blue spring kit in wrong. I was able to check IPC values while cranking. Not exact, but ramped right up to about 1400 psi and held till I left off starter. Here are my current codes. P0230 Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit High, P0263 Cylinder 1 injector circuit contribution/balance fault (first time I've seen this one, don't remember it being there last night), P1000 OBD systems readiness test not complete, P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit low (from unplugging IPC to see if it would start earlier this am?). Think the P0230 is related to the blue spring kit? Not sure how the increased pressure would cause this since I don't know how the circuit works. Any ideas?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Craig

OH. Just saw these two also: B1352 Ignition key in circuit fault, U1900 CAN communication bus fault - received error.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Craig

Found fuel pump fuse had popped somewhere along the line. Replaced fuse and it's running now. Trying to make some codes so I can proceed on with the TS.

Last edited by DeepnTheHeartOfTexas; 06-17-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Left out part
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.