Should I be concerned? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Should I be concerned?

Okay so I know I said I wasn't going to worry about it, but I'm a little concerned.

Just had new OEM oil cooler after having one put in last year along with a BPD EGR cooler, and still having super high oil temps 250*-ish I was already $2k into, still the same problem so I parked the truck after only putting about 50 miles on it.

Last month I took it in for ANOTHER OEM oil cooler, found out it needed HGs. So HGs, ARPs, OEM oil cooler, $4,700 I'm down the road.

Now with just about 200 miles on the truck since all the work, I'm seeing 220-ish EOT, ECT is usually 6-8* behind. Now I understand that it's hot out (96-98) and that affects it somewhat, but I saw this today

Now the coolant temp fluctuates but as many as 12*, the fan comes on if the ECT hits 220* and drops it back down to about 216*

The EOT does fluctuate, but only by 3 or 4* at best. I'm wondering if I might have a weak waterpump. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You may want to have your radiator cleaned out, vatted and rodded out.
Check for restrictions to air flow while your at it. Clean the trash out from between the cac and the radiator you would be surprised what all can get sucked in there.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Premium Member

That's worth a try. I'm wondering if there's crap in it from when I did the flush with restore.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is allways that possibility which is why I am going to start recomending at least checking for it as a possibility, sine the passages are even smaller than the oil cooler with all the bends to catch crud.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Premium Member

Any other ideas out there?

Sent frum my telafone kummunikayshun deevise
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Premium Member

Okay, so $522 for a new BPD water pump and install, and temps aren't climbing as fast at they were, but still hit 221 EOT and 213 ECT. Had the AC on, it's only about 85* outside right now. So, any ideas because right about now I'm ready to set fire to it. Stock tune, no load and 221* EOT, with 550 miles on a new OEM oil cooler, HGs and studs and now a $500 water pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.