Please help! Coolant puke!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help! Coolant puke!!

Hey guys and girls, thanks in advance for any help advice. I have an 04 CCSB straight pipes with a coolant filter and that's all. Since I bought the I have had no problems with coolant issues, not loosing any, no white smoke after its been sitting. Deltas vary with speed, 60-65/7-9, 70-75/10-12, 80+/14-16. Yesterday I put about 500 miles on the truck and unfortunately I was late for a concert about 3 hours away so she was workin hard most of the trip running about 80 through some missouri hills. I went to change the coolant filter today and I see puke from cap :-(. She runs great no loss of power and like I said no smoke/ not loosing coolant. What could cause this? Looked under degas cap, nothing floating just worthless gold! Oh and yesterday on the trip my ect/eot were around 200-204/206-216 at 80/80+ mph. Please help!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 PM

I'd replace the cap first.
OEM only.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Since you were running it hard at 80/80+ and you reach 16psi it would be normal to vent since the cap is supposed to vent at 16 psi.

It would be normal under heavy use/load to reach those pressures for a short period of time, long as it doesn't stay that way. How much trash have you been getting out of your coolant filter? You may have some restriction of your oil cooler. A flush may be in order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.