HELP!!! dropped a piece... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!!! dropped a piece...

I am new to the forum and need help!

I had an oil leak on the high pressure side with typical syptoms...no start hot, P2290 code, etc. so I went ahead and replaced my STC fitting and of course that wasnt the problem. The whole time I had a P0275 code which is for injector #5 and I didn't really think much of it, I just thought maybe that injector is just getting robbed of its share of oil with the leak going on. So after the STC, I decided to try the dummy plugs and standpipes and I did the passenger side first to maybe figure out this injector #5 thing. Whenever I pulled the oil rail off the top part of the injector came with it and I found my problem. Long story short, I put a new injector in.

Now my real problem is whenever I pulled the old injector out I bumped one of those chinsy plastic rocker arm clips. I had to replace my oil cooler a few thousand miles ago and I know the oil got hot and I think it has made these pieces very brittle because when I bumped this one it shattered into about 8 pieces...

I quickly found most of the pieces but there is one last small piece that I spent 2 hours searching for and I absolutley cannot find it. I was sick to my stomach all night last night and lost some sleep trying to think of what to do, so this morning I went to try the forums. I also stopped by my local ford dealer and talked to one of the techs in there and he said the plastic piece will probably make it to the pan if its still up top and gets left in there and it shouldnt damage much along the way, but he said if it makes it through the strainer screen on the oil pick up it will trash the oil pump...

So I guess my question here is: Does anybody think I need to be worried about this small piece? Should I not worry and button it back up or should I be tearing down for further inspection? Any help is greatly appreciated...

Last edited by BS11; 06-09-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.