Should I replace The Hpop? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I replace The Hpop?

Hello i have a 2003.25 f350 6.0 i bought it 3 months ago now it wont start.The whole story i had with it is i changed the oil using 15-40w and oil filter and cap all new motorcraft parts.Drove fine for 3 weeks no problem.Then i drove the truck maybe 4 miles turned it off then turned it back on, for maybe 10 seconds the engine was idling the oil pressure dummy gauge wasnt reading anything, then i pressed the accelerator a little pressure went up to normal on the gauge the truck stuttered then died. Then had it towed home. I unplugged the icp sensor to see if it would default and start but no luck. So my scan tool read the ICP sensor was .24v and 44 PSI with KOEO.The ipr also calculated 14 something percent. When I cranked the engine ICP Stayed at 44 psi and .24v. The Ipr went up to 80%. I Also saw the fuel pulse width was at 0 when cranking as well.All FICM Powers Were Normal 48v. So doing some research online alot of people were saying its the hpop i tore the motor apart got the hpop out today. So i ohms tested the ipr and it would jump around and stop at .06ohm so im guessing the ipr is bad as well.Which doesnt make sense cause it seems to be calculating the percentage correctly when i look at it on my scan tool.I just wanna see what guys have to say about my problem and what i can do to test my hpop and anything else, I've been reading about people having the similar problem im having and replacing there hpop and icp and ipr with still a no start.I just dont wanna throw out that much dough that quick for a pump.
-thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.