PLEASE HELP !!! Fuel leaking out of exhaust manifold - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PLEASE HELP !!! Fuel leaking out of exhaust manifold

I have an 03 6.0 today I started it up and went back in the house. When i came back out 10 minutes later it was chugging and running rough. I ran it down the road. I opened it up and it was sluggish at first but once it built up some boost pressure it took right off. I turned around about a mile down the road and held it full throttle again. this time when I let off I could hear a tapping sound and it was throwing a ton of white smoke out of the exhaust. It is acting like an injector. I let it sit for a while and when i went to start it a few hours later, it turned over for a split second then sounded like the motor wanted to lock up. I went to crawl under it to check out the started but I noticed something dripping. I looked into it a little closer and found fuel coming out of the front of the passenger side exhaust manifold. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know or if anyone has heard of these symptoms also let me know. I dont check here very often so please email me at w900king@gmail.com THANKS, Jerry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM

Sounds like a wide open injector to me. Gonna need to find out what cylinder...sometimes just looking at the exhaust manifold will help to locate the bad injector. Be careful though, you dont want to hydro lock the engine trying top start it. Id suggest if capable to pull all the glow plugs on the suspect bank. Have a friend crank engine and watch for the fuel squirting out of glow plug hole. replace that injector
Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So, you want help from us but you dont want to check your post you want us to email you. Sounds kinda shady to me. If not then I would say your need to.check your egr system. I doubt its fuel.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I can understand not being on here much.
Sounds like a stuck injector like apple said. I wouldn't drive it anymore unless you want an ornament.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
So, you want help from us but you dont want to check your post you want us to email you. Sounds kinda shady to me. If not then I would say your need to.check your egr system. I doubt its fuel.
how dose it sound shady? he said he doesn't get on here every often so email mine...... and if there's fuel coming out of the exhaust manifold its not the egr
Old 03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not shady. Im just not always home and forums are hard to read on a smartphone. Didn't know about the app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

The app will save your life

Might piss off your wife though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0 diesel, exhaust, fuel, fuel leak, injector

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.