what to do.... please help. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what to do.... please help.

ok i will try to make this short. let me first say that im 16 and still in highschool and love everything about diesel trucks and ilove ford always will. i am planning on going to school to be a diesel tech. i learned almost everything about powerstrokes on this site . thank you for giving me hours of ready and something to do during school.

heres the story my dad used to have a 7.3 for along time intill he got laid off then had to get rid of it. never had a problem with it. but i need something to drive so we started looking for trucks i wanted a 6.4 and my dad wanted 7.3 but couldnt find a 6.4 in our price range with low enough mils to get the go ahead from my mom and we just couldnt find a nice 7.3. we were trying to stay away from the 6.0 becuase we knew there were problems with the motors but we had to compromise so a couple months ago we got 2004 Harley Davidson ed f250. i drive the truck everyday and i love the truck . cant keep my foot out of it. i thank my parents every time i go fill it up that they pay for it becuase i am broke and dont have a job yet. but we have had nothing but problems.

first off the the week after we bought it idled erraticlly ,would shut off sometimes, it would smoke at start up a bit and the belt squeaked . so went the org looked up what could cuase this. so i was thinking the icp sensor and the egr valve. we called the dealer ship we bought it from they said bring it back and we will see what the problem is. we had to take it back there to get simoniz glass coat wax and stuff on the seats (not cheap) . so took it there droped it off and then next day called us said the glass coat is done . they told us the belt tensioner was bad we fixed it free of charge but they couldnt duplicate the idleing problem so they said take it to ford. so got it back took it to ford and it was the icp senseor and the egr valve was bad they said the bill was $600. my dad called the other dealership we bought it from and they said we got it covered. they payed for it. went to go pick it up we asked the tech is everything good he said yep everything should be good and updated we said thanks and left.

so i read that i should mointer ect and eot with the 6.0 so bought a scan gauge 2 on monday didnt get a chance to set it up becuase i had to go eat with some friends . it was an 45min drive there and back to the restaurant on the way there i had the peddle to the floor acouple times and on the way back i couldnt resist raceing with this anther ford, it was a 2008 f250, lifted with bigger tires and it was a gasser. we had the peddle to the floor most of the time home (i no not smart)but i dont like to lose. so on saturday i set upmy scanguage and drove it and the eotect delta was almost 25 after that went to go put more washer fluid in and noticed my coolant was really low compared to last time i checked.checked the oil for coolant didnt seem like any was in there and took the egr valve out and down in the hole was moist. so i think i boiled the coolant out of the system and my oil cooler is bad. told my dad that there was low coolant. he said that on monday run and get some coolant . i knew i had ford gold coolant so i had to go to a dealer. so after school today ran to the dealer close by picked up some coolant. i filled it to the min line while i was doing that a diesel tech came over and i told him i had low coolant and told him everything else about the oil temps and wet egr valve he told me that most likely the egr cooler and oil cooler are bad. i asked about hg he said probably not but i think they might be going too.
so told my parents and mom lets just say wasnt very happy about it after spending all this money on the truck and having theses problems. we bought a warrenty for it but i dont know if it covers anything.

i need some guidance on what to do ?
thanks for reading everything i hope you guys can help me figure out what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any suggestions ?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrroyals02 View Post
Any suggestions ?
Check into the warranty you bought. Go talk with the shop. If you pay for the bullet proofing parts and studs, the dealer will probably work with the warranty you may come out with a parts bill but nothing out of pocket for labor.

good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0 problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.