2005 F350 6.0 Issues -- Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 F350 6.0 Issues -- Help!

Hi guys.. new to the forum.. hoping for some help!

Truck is a 2005 F350 Dually 6.0 Diesel. Miles are 170k.

I just got the truck from a dealer auction.. I believe it was traded in here in Michigan and someone may have pulled some electrical mods from it.

Issues: Has a CEL for p2285 and it seems to be fuel starved at around 3000 rpm... still will run up to higher rpm but does so at a very slow lacking power pace.

Mods I can see are an intake, exhaust, and a Sinister EGR delete kit.

The pictures I took for your input are as follows. There are open wires under hood and dash... I know nothing about diesel stuff but this leads me to believe maybe the prev. owner had a programmer or something wired in and pulled it before trade in.

There is this red, blue, and white wire open... to give you idea where they are the 2nd picture shows the location.

Now this is under the driverside dash right behind the fusebox.... there is a bunch of wires open and cut... not sure if this is a factory harness or something added. Is this a common place to wire something in?

And here is the truck for reference... maybe someone will know of it or know the prev. owner... ???

PLEASE HELP!!! I am wondering if the fuel starvation issue is due to these wires all unhooked. Will probably be taking it to a Ford dealer soon and have it gone thru. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Those are your wires for the upfitter switches inside the cab, and the ones going into the engine bay are pass through wires for you to use for your own addons. If you're not going to use them, just tape them up. or use some heat shrink tubing over the ends.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by losbanosf250 View Post
Those are your wires for the upfitter switches inside the cab, and the ones going into the engine bay are pass through wires for you to use for your own addons. If you're not going to use them, just tape them up. or use some heat shrink tubing over the ends.
Ok. So needless to say those are not my fuel starvation issue.

I have code p2285... Where do I start? Replace the ICP sensor? Fuel Filters? The sensor apparently is for injector control pressure.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IIRC the p2285 code is low ICP voltage... Since you have an 05, they are not known for having ICP sensors that go bad, like the earlier trucks. Unplug the ICP and try to start it. This will cause the truck to use a default setting for pressure and it will start if the sensor is bad. If it doesn't start, I would pull the IPR and check the screen on it. If it is dirty, remove and replace it.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
IIRC the p2285 code is low ICP voltage... Since you have an 05, they are not known for having ICP sensors that go bad, like the earlier trucks. Unplug the ICP and try to start it. This will cause the truck to use a default setting for pressure and it will start if the sensor is bad. If it doesn't start, I would pull the IPR and check the screen on it. If it is dirty, remove and replace it.
The truck has absolutely no start up issues though... starts like a champ...

Its the full throttle fuel starvation issue I am trying to figure out.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Oh ya I missed th

I guess I would still check the IPR screen, it could easily lead to a little lower ICP readings, and lower High Pressure Oil Pressure might cause injectors to not fire tplroperly at higher rpms
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any info on this problem?

My 03 is doing the same thing. It starts great cold or warm and actually runs great until the higher rpm range..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

bump bump bump
Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There is a rubber hose that runs from the intake to a bost control sensor mounted on the passenger side on a triangle bracket. Check that hose for cracks or leaks.

Ps. Careful getting the hose off the sensor, it tends to break around the nipple, use a knife to cut the hose if you need to remove it.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i had a 2005 ford f350 6.0 dully, yesterday the check engine turn on, when i was driving around 70 mph, i feel like the last gear was not wanna change and looks like force on this last gear, i reach work and when i was coming back home i decide to stop at my friend house when i try to leave the truck wont start, i brought the scanner and show up code p2284 i endup been tow back home, today thanks a friend we make it start using start fluid, but after that i plug again the scanner and change to p2285 and p2617 and p0606.
i search for the p2285 but i have a little confusion about the icp ( where exactly is located) some are saying is behind the turbo, but i went to the dealership and i request the part and i looks similar to the one that we replace at the passenger side on front of the engine. so if there's a possibility to some one to show me where exactly is located this part.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.