I know you guys are prolly sick of me.....but here it goes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know you guys are prolly sick of me.....but here it goes

Bought truck 114k
Noticed degass bottle loosing very small amount of coolant= ordered EGR delete, fuel regulator kit which included spring, housing, o-rings, brass fitting ect. And last AFE intake.
Removed the turbo..its an 2003 so of course I stripped the last bolt trying to get it off for 3 days. Ended up unbolting the cross member and pulled the down pipe as far as I could. Put 90 angle grinder in and a cutting wheel and cut the ear off of the pedestal and pulled her out.
Installed all parts and cleaned turbo
Finished installing all parts started the truck and it smoked badly at first (it sat in the shop for 2 weeks cuz of time and back surgery)
After 5 min or so everything normal at idle but seemed a bit rough.
Took her for a drive and now have a bad miss.
I've had 3 shops who claimed that they really didn't know much about the 6.0 said that I need a programmer because I did an EGR delete bla bla....and claimed it was running to lean when it warmed up.
Now it is a cali truck but the shop I bought the parts from said no way and this was false n said I did something wrong.
And it begins ....
I had broke the nipple off the map sensor and replaced it. Also cleaned the map sensor bung on the IM,it was closed up solid. Noticed a gain in boost but still had the miss and jerk.
Found the MAD sensor on the intake tube was loose and tightened it. No change.
Pulled the IAT2 sensor and it was totally plugged up and covered in soot. No change
Took it to local diesel shop and they plugged her in.
#3 injector going bad. Replaced injector and all o-rings on the rest of the injectors on that side. Then it get weird. Started it and off course it ran pretty rough at first then smoothed out but once it got warm it still had the miss but almost seemed worse. I had also replaced both FF at the same time as the injector. This was 2 days ago. I got in today and was gunna give it some time to work out any air in the oil rails. After 30 min of running around I come to a stop light and notice the idle is perfectly smooth. I take off and notice the miss had almost disappeared. Another 10 min of driving and it ran perfect. Got home and let sit and washed her up. Take for another drive and its back again but mabye not as bad just a bit.
Next steps-
1 replace injector o-ring's on drivers side
2 try to figure out how airbus getting in FF housing
3 the o-ring where the ccv fitting goes into the intake tube is completely gone so I'm not sure if its sucking air through there but I didn't think this would cause a real issue or not.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Every checked out at the shop when it was hooked up to computer. I had to have messed up something up when installing EGR delete and the fuel regulator spring and housing. Would the missing o-ring at the intake tube cause the MAF sensor to make it run that bad???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anyone.....bump

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did that diesel shop check your fuel pressure? Low pressure will kill injectors fast and make the engine run like garbage.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I honestly don't know if he did or not. I seen a **** ton of numbers on the screen of the laptop so I'm not sure. I think I will go get a FP gauge today and check it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.