Loose FICM connector - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Loose FICM connector

The center connector on my FICM keeps coming loose. Not bad but loose enough to cause a good intermittent miss and throws an injector code, p0282. When I wiggle the connector the miss stops.
Any ideas on a way to keep that connector seated good?

Thanks

Sent from my HERO200 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
To properly fix this you'll need a new ficm harness unfortunately. The locking tabs will eventually get brittle from heat and the next person who disturbs them could be looking at some broken connectors. There is one tab on each side, usually one is sufficient to hold the connector in, with both broken it won't stay in for long, though.

you could string a couple zip-ties together and wrap it around the ficm and connector cinching them together. I've done this in a pinch before until a harness was available.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
To properly fix this you'll need a new ficm harness unfortunately. The locking tabs will eventually get brittle from heat and the next person who disturbs them could be looking at some broken connectors. There is one tab on each side, usually one is sufficient to hold the connector in, with both broken it won't stay in for long, though.

you could string a couple zip-ties together and wrap it around the ficm and connector cinching them together. I've done this in a pinch before until a harness was available.
Not sure if both are broke, I havent took the ficm off yet to check. And I'm guessing these ficm harnesses are really expensive? I'm guessing I can't change just one bc all 3 connectors are on the new harness? Are they hard to install?

Sent from my HERO200 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The smaller rear 2 connectors are for the ficm harness. the larger front connector is the main engine harness(that is the one you DON'T want to break). I believe a ficm harness lists for around $200 but you can probably get one much cheaper online.

The ficm harness is fairly simple to change, all you really have to do is remove the ficm, unbolt the ground wire off the rear intake manifold stud, pull off your hot side cac boot and unclip all your injector connectors. The harness runs from the ficm to the right side under the front of the turbo.

The ficm harness part number for 05-07 is 5C3Z-9D930-AA
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Emergency Services

You can cut a piece of flat steel plate and wedge it under the harness to hold it in place...done that once a buncha times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.