Blue Spring Fuel Pressure Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 04:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blue Spring Fuel Pressure Questions

Hooked up my EAS system to the EDGE CTS and found out today that my fuel pressure at idle is ~48 psi. I'm going to install the blue spring next weekend and was wondering the following:

Of those who already installed this upgrade, did you see a noticeable difference in performance?

When did Ford upgrade the spring? Did some production trucks have this already installed?

When I installed the hose for the pressure gauge I noticed a small dot of blue paint on the cover that encloses the spring and on the housing itself. I was thinking that maybe this truck already and the upgrade by a dealer and this is a way of marking the truck? Or is this just a coincidence?

What's the official pressure at idle and WOT that Ford recommends?

I understand that if the pressure is too low, the rear two cylinders will be starved of fuel. If that's the case, without the blue spring upgrade, we're no better than a Cummins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I actually have that blue dot as well on my 2006 KR. I was thinking and hoping it meant that i already had blue spring as well. Guess not ! Funny thing is that I also just ordered edge fuel pressure sensor. Should be here Monday. I'll let you know what my fuel pressure is at once I get it installed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
interesting observation, i hope someone can answer this. i'm going to check mine. 58psi at idle, 50psi at wot. not sure if i have the upgrade.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southend View Post
interesting observation, i hope someone can answer this. i'm going to check mine. 58psi at idle, 50psi at wot. not sure if i have the upgrade.
Just got finished installing the blue spring. The blue dot did not mean the blue spring was installed. My idle pressure was 48 psi @ idle. Now it's 63 psi at idle and WOT is now 52 psi. What a difference this upgrade made. The truck is much more responsive now.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hope I do this right! First time posting. I installed the EAS fuel pressure sensor last night. 46-48 psi at idle. Dropped to slightly under 45 psi a couple of times when driving. Way to scared to try WOT. Ordered the bluespring kit last week from Tousley. Hope it comes soon. I'm going out right now to buy an analog gauge to see if the Edge sensor is reading correctly. I'll post my results.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, got a fuel pressure gauge (a cheap Equus) and tested the EAS sensor. It was bang on at 46 to 48 psi. I guess I have a nice lawn ornament until the blue spring kit arrives. After I'll try testing the sensor over a wider range. I was also hoping the blue dot meant the blue spring was in there. Guess not. On the bright side I've got to think the Edge CTS saved me a big bill as well as having some peace of mind my ECT and EOT delta is OK, for now.
I should also say I've been trolling this sight for almost a year. What a wealth of information you all are. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM

I just installed my Insight with fuel pressure and I have 50 psi at idle and drops to 37 at WOT. I already had the blue spring installed last year when my delete/cooler/studs were done. I just replaced filters too with no change. Any suggestions?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_n_low View Post
I just installed my Insight with fuel pressure and I have 50 psi at idle and drops to 37 at WOT. I already had the blue spring installed last year when my delete/cooler/studs were done. I just replaced filters too with no change. Any suggestions?
Hey, you did setup that sensor in MyStyle to: Mapping 0-100 psi and in the Voltage catagory 0.500v = 0.00psig 4.500v = 100.00psig ? If so and you think they are true readings like mine, I would take a look at the Ford Diagnostic Flowchart's concerning fuel pressure. They are probably on this site somewhere. If you want I could try and upload what I've got. It's where I would start.
This is the first time I've ever been on a forum so I may make a mess of it, but I could try.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFordGuy View Post
Hey, you did setup that sensor in MyStyle to: Mapping 0-100 psi and in the Voltage catagory 0.500v = 0.00psig 4.500v = 100.00psig ? If so and you think they are true readings like mine, I would take a look at the Ford Diagnostic Flowchart's concerning fuel pressure. They are probably on this site somewhere. If you want I could try and upload what I've got. It's where I would start.
This is the first time I've ever been on a forum so I may make a mess of it, but I could try.
In mystyle i selected 0-100psi but i didn't change any other parameters. I'll have to check what voltage=psi
Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I keep losing my internet connection. When I set up mine on MyStyle it automatically set the pressures to the voltages. If that's OK then I would look at:
-if you saw the pressure up around 60-65psi after the bluespring install, it's probably not this, but some people have noticed the brass cup that comes with the kit fit's too tight and messes with their pressures. If you have the old cup you could put it back in. (but use the bluespring)
-plugged sender unit in the tank (there's a bulletin about tanks delaminating) I included a ford/napa procedure to test
-fuel pump

Hopefully it might be the brass cup. It's cheap and easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.