New to the 6L, NEED HELP PLEASE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the 6L, NEED HELP PLEASE

its an 04 f-250 with 190000kms. engine was replaced 90000kms ago. heres the situation, the guy I bought it from seemed to always have it warm when I test drove it..hmmmm.. I installed a bully dog GT tuner, I rarely run above stock, its just for something to do when little honda's want to race. I have been reading alot on here but cant seem to find exactly my problem. so heres where im hoping you can help. I did an oil change and put in rotella 0-40 synthetic with lucas oil additive, not sure if this is part of the problem. But the first start of the morning, say anywhere from -20*C to 5*C the engine idles rough, it shakes and shutters for about 3 minutes. Then its ok, the rest of the starts throughout the day are fine, unless it gets down to -whatever. any help is good help. thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

use rev x the lucas i hear foams in the power stroke diesel
Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you used the "C" word so im thinking you live in canada. i live in vancouver and plug my truck in when the temp goes below freezing. not really needed, but just starts better. i have it on a timer to turn on at 3 in the morning and i leave around 5 or 6.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the responses. got the oil out of it today after i got her nice and hot. replace with full synthetic 5w40. Heres the crazy part. got mad at the truck and while it was hot dumped in sea-foam, its as thin as water, but i've also been have these underboost conditions. took it out on the highway and wound er out, truck made a noise and lost all power, 0 turbo psi, then with minutes, the turbo kicked back it and ran better then ever. this 6L is strange, tommorow i will know if i've solved the rough start. also un-installed bully dog programmer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.