Oil soaked icp...will it always throw a code. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil soaked icp...will it always throw a code.

Just did EGR delete and pretty sure soaked the plug for the icp ...although I can't tell really because of it being an 03. If a crap ton of oil ran from the filter housing over the top of the engine would it reach the plug or sensor??? I did notice a small oil leak when I purchased the truck 2 months ago and then later found out the sensor had bad seal inside and when it leaked it would go down the back and look like a main seal leak. Anyways before I explore cam anyone for sure tell me if the above scenario is possible. I let oil and antifreeze go over the top and back if it would effect the icp sensor. After my EGR delete and blue spring update I have serious miss and bucking issue I never ever had before. I also failed to mention before I also did the larger drain tube for the VGT turbo. Although mine seamed ok I was trying to do some preventive maintenance and of course my luck I create a problem that it never had before ....dammit. Anyway also did the blue spring upgrade. What if something went down the drain hole in the top where the tube goes in?? What would it clog up?? Oil rail check valve mabye?? Or the valve next to the icp?? I was very careful when doing this to make sure nothing got down there at all. Come on guys? ??? Brain storm with me here. I have have a couple jackass's tell me that I have to have a programmer to fix the problem ...I know that's not it. Spoke to a few people who have done the same and never had an issue. Those guys tried to tell me I had a lean condition caused by the EGR delete.....riiiight

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 02:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What code is it throwing, one for the ICP or one for the EGR? a 2285,87 or a 0401,03 code? Is it a CEL or a soft code?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dnt know ..I didn't get to see it with my own eyes. But I was told EGR non sufficient flow. If the ficm was reprogrammed in 04 by the dealer would it make a difference if I unhooked the batteries? ? I also talked to the shop I bought the parts from and they said there shop truck is also an 03 with the exact same mods and no programmer was needed. I was also told the cel usually doesn't come on for the 03 when the EGR cooler is deleted as long as the EGR valve is still in place and plugged in.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

And yes the cel is on....sorry

Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Come on guys!! LOL someone had to have had a similar problem!! My luck as of late would prolly show otherwise.....

Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

One more thing. I never really noticed it before the upgrades but when I turn the key on the buzz from the injectors is loud. Like really loud????

Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 AM

well,I just did an egr delete and a blue spring on my 04 f550 6.0 and all went well.,the icp will toss a code if you unplug it or unbolt it.,not just if it is bad,maybe test the ficm,and fuel pressure so you can eliminate them from the scenario.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You will get an insufficient flowf rom the egr, I believe it is P0401. This is not a CEL code for a 03-04, it will be a soft code. You really need to get a way to scan codes. Keep in mind it is not going to sound right just after a egr delete until you get the air out of the system also. I would clear the pcm of codes, unplug the batteries for a while, and see what happens. Does the truck start? How does the engine sound when it is idling?, driving? Is there anything else out of the ordinary?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:54 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
U didnt drain the oil when you did the cooler?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 AM

mine is a late '04,but even on a 03,you will get at least 2 egr related codes,and maybe a cel,,mine ran like a bat out of heck after egr delete,could hear the turbo spool up and all that hot nasty exhaust gas was gone from inside the motor.It has more torque and quicker throttle response now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.