6.0 no throtle response - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 no throtle response

Hey guys wondering if anyone out there has had these codes and what they did to fix them. The truck was driving good as usual but started loosing throtle response to the point where it idles but as soon as you give it throtle it just bogs down like it has no power turbo spools but never builds rpms over 1500. After saying that these are codes i got:
P0113-Intake Air Temp High Input
P0281-Cyl 7 contribution balance fault(yes injectors and ficm have been replaced and still have this code)
P1102-Mass Air Flow
P2290-Injector Control Pressure Too Low
Any feed back will be appreciated thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What year of truck is it? What is you ICP values? If its an 03 and the ICP is back in the HPOP cover more then likely the ICP sensor is bad and a possible pigtail for the sensor. Check your ICP pressure and does the truck miss at all since youve got the P0281? How many miles? Could also be looking at a HPOP issue too.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Its an 04 and how do you check the icp values and yes the truck has a miss at idle with the contribution balance fault code I started getting it after I had an Egr delete put on it
Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM

And it has 190000 miles on it
Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 AM

So your ICP is in the RH valve cover? If so its alot easier to check your ICP value if you dont have a scan tool of some sort. I know there is a write up on this site somewhere on how to check it with a volt meter. Ive never done it always had a scan tool so I cant help you out there but you need 500 psi minimum for the truck to fire off. My guess is you have a HPOP getting weak especially if the pump has never been repalced. My 03 had a miss on cyl 4 and repalced inj and nothing changed, after a few days the truck wouldnt restart hot and eventually wouldnt run, couldnt find a HP leak anywhere and ended up replacing the pump. The miss was gone and the truck ran great afterwards. Not saying this is your problem but could be, might also still have a bad inj or even a compression issue on cyl 7. Once its running pull the oil fill cap and see if youve got alot of blue by, smoke will puff out of the filler like a old locomotive. Good luck!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Yeah I believe its a compression issue the ford dealer said it had 0 compression on 7 they.said it probably got washed when I had the injector replaced they guy didn't put the copperwasher in so I went back and re did it the right way but im thinking its just time to replace that motor and start over
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM

I would definately run a compression test before just slapping a new motor, in they arent too cheap to be doing that. I have seen and heard of a few valve issues. Also had trucks come in with loose injectors, slap a new injector in and torque it down correctly and no issues.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM

yeah when i had a mechanic replace the injector he didnt torque it down and also forgot the copper washer. it ran like that for a while until it shut off on me and wouldnt start back up. it was also pouring raw fuel out of the exhaust then i tore into it and found what he didnt do correctly along with a bent push rod and cracked rocker. replaced all that and ran good for a while and now this. i heard that the cyl could have been washed out or ruined the rings is why its reading no compresion
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM

its also blowing coolant out of the degas bottle and it dosent have a chip or anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.