2005 6.0 Powerstroke Injector Help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 6.0 Powerstroke Injector Help?

Okay so I have a 2005 F-250 6.0 Powerstroke which has 275,XXX miles on it. Been a work truck all its life. No rust on it at all but has a few small dings in it. Paid 3500 for it so can't complain. But anyways, I have replaced many things on it. Installed an EGR Delete Kit (cleaned the turbo while I had it off), New water pump, New thermostat, new radiator, and a new FICM. It was overheating but I think I fixed that problem. But now I have a new problem. It runs really really rough until it gets warmed up. Once warm it runs like a raped ape. It just shakes, has a loss of power and wont shift correctly. I took it to a ford garage for a diagnostics test and they said injector numbers 1,3,and 4 need replaced. Now I have a hard time believing that because it runs like a new truck when its warm. Now I seem to think its the injector spool valves but ford says its just the injectors. What can I do to solve this problem instead of having ford replace 3 injectors for 1500$???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Try running some rev-x thru it it may be striction causeing sluggish response of those injectors.Be shure your oil is fresh and clean and you are useing Ford/Motorcraft filters.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I change it every 3000 and i use "Hot shot's secret" which is an oil additive sold by international garages which is supposed to help with stiction. Im completely out of things to do to it besides change injectors
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 PM

its deffenetaly the injectors i had the exact same problem on my 6.0 when cold it would hit hard on each shift and injectors would sound like they were gonna pop out the hood, i have 7 injectors off a 2006 with 30K miles i can sell you three of em PM me for price if interested

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I really dont want to do the injectors though. and if i do injectors im gonna put aftermarket ones in because the ****ty ford ones will just go bad again. know what i mean?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:45 PM

it really isnt the faulty injectors actually they have a very good design but it is instead the dirty diesel we have on the U.S...i always run a bottle of lucas additive on each full tank and rev X every oil change and since then my injectors work as they should...although if i had the money for bigger injectors i would do it for the power gain lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah i did hear about that. that the dirty fuel will mess with the injectors, the egrs and stuff
Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I going to agree with the dealer diagnosis on this one, based on the information posted. Unfortunately, mechanically weak/faulty injector(s) on these engines can only be pinpointed during cold soak exactly as you've described. As far as brand of injectors, either go with Ford/Motorcraft/Navistar or Alliant. Any other "white box" no name brands and you'll be doing the same job over again very shortly on YOUR dime. As far as why you refuse to accept the injectors needing replacement? Really? This truck has 275,000 miles on it. If all eight of those are in fact original, count your blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.