power loss or miss - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
power loss or miss

I have a 2004 f250 6speed 6.0. When I'm driving at a steady speed 25 or 55 sometimes I get like a miss or power loss. And sometimes when I'm pulling off from a stop or slowing down to pull in a drive way I get a loss of power but when I press on the go peddle it will pick up speed. The truck has 62000 on it and just changed oil and filter. I changed fuel filter's on last oil change. It seems to idel fine and run fine when I get on it just at steady speed with the fuel peddel pushed a little. Good it be fuel filters or egr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Come on guys any ideas???
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

To best help you troubleshoot any problems you might be having with your truck over the Internet the members of this group need specific information. You will have to take some measurements, scan for codes, gather all the PID data from the PCM you can.

Without a physic connection to your truck solid data is the only tool we can use to help you with a solution via the web.

Here are some of the most useful bits of data to help us help you. Sometimes photos do a great job of helping explain the problem and helping the next guy to see your post solve his problem.

Trouble codes?
FICM voltage when cranking and running?
ICP and IPR data ?
T-shooting you have done ?
Have you load tested the batteries to be sure both of them are good?
Maintenance and repair history ?
What was changed last before your problem started?
Does it act up when hot or cold or both?
Were you towing or heavily loading your truck ?

CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR SOME GREAT T-SHOOTING TIPS.
No start issue? Look here.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How long have you had the truck? Is it a miss or power loss? Codes? CEL? Are you using Motorcraft filters? What oil is in it? Is it building boost OK. Your post is pretty vague. This almost sounds like you are describing the normal operation of the truck. At a steady speed under light load or at low speed the turbo will not be building much boost and you will be down on power till it spools up and starts making boost pressure. This is called turbo lag and is normal. Please get back to us with more data to help you.

To answer your last question: Yes, a dirty EGR valve will hang open and cause power loss, light smoking and poor drivability. It takes about 15min to pull the EGR valve and clean it.

Last edited by HAM_RADIO_MAN; 02-11-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.