P0470 code, Exhaust Pressure Sensor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0470 code, Exhaust Pressure Sensor

just installed the scangaugeII and checked my codes and P0470 showed up, pointing at the exhaust pressure sensor. i was sucessful in clearing the code, after a bit of doing, and got the check engine light to go out. So any advice on what i might do to check it out, or just consider it a fluk, as this happened on the coldest day so far this year, during the starting process. I guess until i start it up cold, i might not know if it will kick the code again,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 12:03 PM
information regurgitator

After reading the pinpoint tests, if the code returns, it is probably the sensor itself.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine just did the same thing,and yes it was the coldest day of the year as well. Where is the sensor located? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke Techie

There was a TSB released back in September of 2007 pertaining specifically to 2006 and 2007 model year F-Series applications. The article number is 07-18-04 intended specifically to address P0470 set during ambient temperatures in the minus digits. The updated calibration strategy at the time would ignore EBP input for a few seconds upon cold startup to melt any ice buildup on the sensor. Now, this is an old update obviously. Since then there have been further updated calibrations released, so if yours is at the latest level and/or yours is not an '06/'07 model year, this obviously wouldn't apply.

In answer to the poster inquiring about its location, on '03 to early '05 model years, the sensor is threaded into a bracket atop the thermostat, directly beside the upper rad hose. On late '05 to '07 model years, the sensor is threaded directly to the EBP tube that is secured to the front FICM mounting bracket, under the coolant degas bottle.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:00 AM

thanks for the info

thanks for that info, certianly helps put my mind at ease, as this has not throw that code again, since resetting it last week, and we have had some cold morning starts. and i see where a icing of condensation on the sensor could foul the output. still learning but so thankful for this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.